Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey guys, I have another question about the gold bug dp

2 Much Trash

I know that a lot of you guys here are mainly avid coin hunters.I really do appreciate that because I get just as pumped when I find a coin as I do when I dig a civil war button But I am mainly a relic hunter. Since I'm hunting primarily for relics, has anyone out there, even though this machine is new to the market, had any experience in the field hunting relics. If so, whats your opinion on how it performed.
Thanks, Willie

Willie, I have the GBSE with the 11" DD coil, the same as the DP. It is the best machine along with the G2 to work in iron patches to find non ferrous targets co-mingled with each other. I have dug buttons and bullets out of deep holes with square nails mixed in the soil I took out. One was a 23mm Eagle Button at 10" with nails in the hole with it. Either the DP or the G2 are my main machines now for working worked out, beat to death sites that I have come up blank with the other machines that I have.

Mark

Many guys use it for relics and do really well! Some of them should chime in here soon! Search some posts.

hey 2 much trash...

I think it could be said that those of us that are coin shooting with these machines are maybe not applying them exactly the way they were most intended by the designers; I think some of us have just found that they happen to do a very respectable job -- impressive even, in a coin-shooting role, as some of the strengths of the machine (fast, good in iron, very good VDI, etc.) make them very good in a number of applications. Dave Johnson, one of the design engineers, not to speak for him, but I think he'll tell you these machines were designed first and foremost as gold prospecting machines. They are also however, marketed as being good relic machines. They are usually not discussed on other forums (in my experience) in much of a coin-shooting role -- coin shooting may be considered what these units are "third-best" at (after gold hunting, and relic hunting). My point is, I am very impressed with my machine when coin hunting. However, I think they will do at least as well, if not better, in a relic-hunting role, as morelic55 attests above. I find LOTS of old shotgun brass with my Gold Bug Pro -- more than with any other machine I've used. That's sort of more of a "relic" type of find -- it hits that brass VERY nicely! I would NOT hesitate to get one of these machines, NO MATTER what in what type of hunting situations you intend to apply it.

Just my opinion.

Steve

Mr. Johnson --

Thanks for the affirmative. I was hesitant to "speak for you," but I know those have been your words in the past, (about the "designed as a gold machine") that I included in my post. By the way, you got me stumped with that word! (obsequious) Time to google... :)

Steve