Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey guys, you know what I just realized?

gfatizzi

I just realized that the detector technology in my main detector (Minelab Sovereign XS) is now 30 years old! It was basically unchanged through all the Sovereign iterations from 1991-2005. The XS that I currently swing is about 25-27 yrs old but the technology it uses is 30 yrs old now! I wonder if that now means I swing a "vintage" detector? Amazing how well the Sovereigns have withstood the test of time. A proven detector for sure! Your thoughts? HH George Fatizzi

The Sovereign works so good on the beach….I still have a GT that is in mint condition & don’t opt to use much , only on occasion.The weight & vulnerability of salt water has caused me to lean to Excalibur , Equinox or, Vanquish ..The Sovereign does find deep treasure though! I wished it was lighter & waterproof.

With lack of coil availability ... I've thought about cutting the coil off the Excals I have, saving the coils and sending the units in for a new coil install. That would leave me with spare coils. Pretty drastic ... yet what other choices are we being left with?

My first machine was the sovereign Gt. Of course six months after i bought it minelab decided to quit making it. It still works. Does what i need it to do. Yes i look at the newer models and then we go do some dirt fishing and i come home happy. I use the excal at the beach. When i first started using the GT i got quite frustrated with it but in time my ears became attuned to its language.