Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey OJ........got a first tonight :smile:......

Remember me telling you about the radish fields that just got planted ? Driving by them from work today, I noticed that the middle section of the field hadn't been planted as I thought........so I went out for about an hour and a half tonight. And I got myself my first braided hair silver coin, an 1833 U.S. half-dime ( 5 cent piece ). The back's worn, as would be expected but the obverse is pretty nice.......has a tiny hole drilled in it as well, but half of the coins from that era do. :shrug: I'll still take it. Beats my previous earliest U.S. 5 center by five years. I love these overlooked spots ! :thumbup: I'll get around to posting a pic down the road.

... mainly Bluenose silver around here,man you must have neat collection of the vintage coins,wtg !! oj

But the last three years, I kinda put those fears aside........and to be honest, I've found the majority of my nice finds during these last three seasons. Forty to fifty or so early silver pieces, the majority in the 1800's, ranging from 1782 (Spanish) to 1920. At least that many coppers, likely more. I've been soaking about thirty worn coppers for a year now........I'm betting there's a few 1700's in that lot. Also soaking about fifty Indian heads. Gotta get around to seeing what they are. :lol: I remember spending hours cleaning up whatever finds I made early in my hunting days. Now,.... I've got a week or two of cleaning waiting to be done. I'll get around to it. We get the whole spectrum here. I've pulled early French, Spanish, U.S., Canadian ( Upper Canada / Lower Canada, Blacksmith, and Hard tokens as well ), and quite a few British coins from around here. That's the one thing I'd miss if I ever left this area.......the early history for detecting. BUT ....we have to work for most of the finds. Sometimes we get them.......sometimes we don't. I guess that's what makes it fun when you do dig one up. Any half decent hunter would find much of the same given the opportunity. Patience and persistence are the key, as you well know........not to mention LUCK ! :beers:

have loved to see some pictures of them.

Sniff snuff :sadwalk: I never get to hunt those good places. Poooooor meeeeee :(

I'm not sure I'd be up to listening to..........."my dumb machine won't find anything,....I wanna go home"........or......"how do these dials work ?...it's making all kinds of weird noises"................ALL DAY LONG !!!!!.......:rofl: I'd feel terrible having to make you sit in the car until you were ready to behave. :rofl::rofl:

that is if you dig my finds for me. My knees are getting bad and I hear you are great on your knees. Must be your youth:wiggle:

n/t

Way easier ! Haven't used a hand digger for three years. Too much up and down, many times for nothing. ......... "great on your knees" :rofl: Guess I lost that skirmish. :lol:

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t