Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi all, anyone try out one of these coils?

rluka

This looks like a fairly new coil from Detech. Its made for the Explorer. Im looking for a bigger coil for my SE. I already have the WOT.
This one is 21" x 17"
[attachment 85879 sefcoil4.gif]
Here is some info:
From Detech said:
SEF = "Symetrical Electromagnetic Field" coils. These coils have been 3 years in research and development. Extensive field tests on all types of ground have shown that over a standard D/D or concentric coil they have MORE depth, BETTER ground balance, BETTER stability, BETTER pinpointing compared with D/D, BETTER target I/D

S.E.F. is a patent protected system that combines the best features of D/D and Concentric coils in one coil. They open up a new world of metal detecting.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
RonEdm

Although the coil I have feels about the same weight as the stock 10.5" ..... I can't imagine using a 21 X 17" because the one I have is already REDICULOUS DEEP and yes it's deeper and much lighter than a WOT.

Beach hunters should love everything about it ... except the digging down to China part.:detecting:
To bad I no longer live on the beach anymore ... mine will just sit here and collect dust probably because I won't be digging any holes that deep in this iron-ore filled clay we call dirt in north Bama.

Great coils though.

Mike

but they haven't been released YET .... I have NO CLUE whatsoever when the release date will be, nor the price.
They pinpoint better than ANY large coil anywhere close to it's size, right where the shaft hits the middle of the coil.
Example ~ Some folks like to pinpoint a WOT at the toe end or heel of the coil, not necessary with this one, or not for me anyway.

Mike

It looks interesting...I know of an old fresh water beach that I worked over with the WOT and Im pretty sure theres some deeper stuff still there.
The bigger one would be just perfect.
Thanks for the info
RonEdm