Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi all i have a Big Question about the CTX

LS hunter

First question, I had the excal 2 loved it do you guys think the CTX is as good on the beach and in the water,
Parks as well...Second Question....whats the deal with
the leaks i keep reading about i know some have to be user error
but not all....I hunt salt water never more than five to six foot....Im looking for an all around detector bottom line...

The Xcal is very simple...... but its not an all around machine. Dirt hunting ..... you really need that TID screen and the adjustments the CTX gives you. Even with the straight shaft the Xcal can feel more coil heavy than the CTX. I do prefer how the Xcal moves in the water....... the CTX can be difficult to move thru the water.... lot of drag. I also dont like the that it seems to float because of the sealed battery area making coil control harder than the Xcal. Ive not found anything i dont think that the Xcal wouldnt have. BUT..... i seem to kick butt on earring studs. The CTX recovers so fast that you will get both a null on the post..... and a good tone on say the copper part. Near targets...... has to go to the CTX because of this recovery unless you are hunting in PP mode. I like the ability to set my tones by zones. I really like the accuracy on targets the CTX has at great depth. Not like the old explorers that used to jump around on the screen. You cant effectively use the Xcal as a dirt machine with its salt setting and slow recovery. YOu have the ability to change coils and headphones as well with the CTX.

Flooding..... anytime you open a battery box you have that possibility.... CZ.... AT. I use a 2.5 mm Oring which is larger and tightens things up..... Clive does the same. Some even dive with this size O ring.

IF you are wanting 1 machine...... then the CTX is a better choice.

Thanks I really appreciate all the good information and advice,and i do think from
all i have read and the advice given to me the ctx is an all around detector....This may sound nutzzzzz but i wish the ctx had target icons like Whites not just the numbers ,,Just part of the leaening curve,,,,I feel like i need to run for cover for that one ....Thanks all..

LS hunter said:
Thanks I really appreciate all the good information and advice,and i do think from
all i have read and the advice given to me the ctx is an all around detector....This may sound nutzzzzz but i wish the ctx had target icons like Whites not just the numbers ,,Just part of the leaening curve,,,,I feel like i need to run for cover for that one ....Thanks all..

Target icon are "dumbing down" of the data. The computer has to average and categorize the data to give you that icon. The FE-CO response numbers give a lot more real-time data. That info lets you better understand what is going on under the coil.

There are no Icons going to tell you what gold is...... its just to wide a range. I use the smartscreen .... always have because the digits were just to bouncy. Thats really changed with the CTX...... they are more accurate and closer to the tones i set. Faster response really helped the TID.

Dew

Thanks ....I just like the icon's no big ill learn the FE-CO #s.....I have been using whites for a long time now and when the dime icom came up i knew it was just that but like you said the FE CO numbers are more real time,,,I used the SE pro for about two years and i knew what i was diging just by where the crosshair fell on the screen,,My only complaint with the SE pro was its slow recovery response..