Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi Guys! Please check the accessory classifieds forum

gfatizzi

I have some items for sale that I'm also willing to trade on for a couple Sovereign related items. HH George

Hi George,

Good to hear you are using one of the best detector ever built. I still have mine yet even though I haven't been detecting for a couple of years because of health issues. I keep my batteries charged on my GT I have the Sun Ray 180 DTI 3 I got from you the the S-1 Sunray probe I had with the idea I can get out if I have too or able to do.

Good to hear you are still swing the coil yet as we are some of the original posters when this was only the BBS forum back in 1996

Good Luck George

Rick

Hi George,

Good to hear you are using one of the best detector ever built. I still have mine yet even though I haven't been detecting for a couple of years because of health issues. I keep my batteries charged on my GT I have the Sun Ray 180 DTI 3 I got from you the the S-1 Sunray probe I had with the idea I can get out if I have too or able to do.

Good to hear you are still swing the coil yet as we are some of the original posters when this was only the BBS forum back in 1996

Good Luck George

Rick
Hey Rick,
Yeah I use my ole' XS pretty regularly along with my Simplex. I use the Simplex with the 9.5X5.5 coil for the really trashy areas mostly and my Sov is the deepseeker (especially with the NEL 12X13 Tornado coil on the end of it.) I was going to try to keep it meterless but I do a LOT of park hunting and just don't want to be digging those deep pulltabs and screw caps, LOL. The Sov is still finding me some great keepers and it's turn-on-and-go characteristics and whiney language keep me happy! I never did get used to the FBS flutey tones Minelab started using so I guess I'll keep this XS until it dies on me. I went wireless this year with it using the Garrett Z-Link set-up and headphones. The only drawback is the headphones sound like the limiter setting you hear on certain wired headphones. I like to run my wired headphones wide open as I am half deaf after 45 years of drumming. Once you get used to it though, it's well worth not having the wires to get tangled up in. I also upgraded by Sov with a much better rechargeable NiMh battery with 3X the capacity of the original nicad that came with this unit 25+ years ago. I guess when the meter arrives, I should hang onto that as well as they are getting as scarce as the 8" Coinsearch coil (which I'm very happy to also have).
Good to hear from you my friend and I hope you get a chance to swing that GT with the meter and probe I sold you!
HH, George