Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi, I'm new! Can anyone help me around the place?

Dimesworth

Hey everyone, I'm a newly registered person here. My name's David C. I've been a guest here for a while, so I sort of know my way around, but not entierly. I'm lookin' to meet some new people and find someone to metal detect with in the Buffalo, MN (wright county) area. Happy St. Patricks Day!

1st welcome - your a ways from me.
Keep trying but don't rule out any clubs that might be in your area. Might be worth a search. They usually have routine meetings, hunts ( I hope), and put on larger events. One of the best besides new buddies is the events can have some really good BBQ. BBQ:blink:and I'm in :razz:

Thank you for the welcome, tab-nabit. Was surprised to get an answer so fast. Your club suggestion is correct- but the nearest club is 45 miles away in Minneapolis. 45 miles now days isn't much until calculating the 3 and 4 dollar gas. Getting really crazy. I'm 68 years old and remember 18 cent a gallon gas, harder for me to take then my grand-daughter. She doesn't think it's so bad. I've got some good MD leads for this summer; nice to be retired, can detect any damn time I please. Hang in there now and thanks for the welcome. Dimesworth

Hello Dimesworth! :) Welcome and I see you already have some nice detectors. Sounds like you are getting around pretty good here! I've found this to be a friendly place to hang out :chase: Lot of smart folks here so I've learned a lot on Tesoro detectors. Welcome and HH TonyTX :tesoro:

Hello, Tony! Lot of nice people on this forum and it looks like you're one of them. Thanks for the welcome-appreciate it. I'm assuming that the TX is for Texas-correct me if I'm wrong. Was down to South Padre Island in January and enjoyed the warm weather. Used my Infinium most of the time -great surf and wet sand machine, but I guess Tesoro has one to match it. Found a lot of clad quarters, dimes and nickles. My big surprise was a 1921 silver dollar at the end of the board walkway leading from a Hotel. Didn't find Singers gold though - looked for it for two weeks. Well, thanks again for the welcome and we'll be talkin' to ya again. Dimesworth.

Dimesworth, Yea I'm here in Texas near Austin. Glad you had a good visit down at South Padre Island. I've never been detecting on the beach but sounds like you can do pretty good! :detecting: Good to hear from ya!! HH TonyTX

Don't give up. I found my metal detecting buddy here. Even if you find a buddy living a few miles away it's worth it to get together and see if things click. You can always split the gas bill on later hunts. Good Luck.

Thanks for the encourgement guys-much appreciated. Dimesworth