Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HIDDEN SCREEN

Yeasty

There is, in fact, a hidden screen.
Supposedly the data can be used to analyze ground condition. To me, the information displayed is gibberish and if/when MineLab puts out an explanation it will remain so. The picture is from my ETrac with the screen called up.
This is from the WEBSITE WHICH CANNOT BE MENTIONED:
"To access the 'Expert' screen, press Menu>Expert> scroll down to select "Ground" and then press the Left arrow (below the on/off switch.)"
You must press the Accept/Reject button to initiate the analysis.

Pete

[size=x-large]I had an X-Terra 70,and you could do a similar procedure.......In the case of the X-Terra 70, It would analyze the ground for Mineralization Etc....I suppose that is what those numbers are.....For a while,,,,On the X-Terra forum....Some posters ask that those with similar numbers share there settings so to come up with a combo for that particular ground mineralization.....If that is what it is,,,,It could be a good idea.[/size]

But as far as translating them to points that are meaningful to us - not going to happen . . . . those of us that worked on the E-Trac captured pages of these values for the team in Australia and the values varied considerably even at the same site . . . the were able to gauge relative mineralization and ground content but the only value was to adjust the algorithm and send us a new version to try in these areas.

For meaningful data to be collected, the detector had to be connected to a laptop in the field which took place when the engineers came to us and went out trying various versions of software.

Bummer, Soon as I saw thought I thought about my post I did last night...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,995501