Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High tension lines and my best condition seated to date

ironsight

Haven't been doing much detecting lately and what little i've been doing was mostly relic hunting in a remote historic area with special permission. Had to do a lot of fast talking to get that permit. LOL
Had a little free time today and decided i needed a coin hunt for a change at a nearby pounded out city park with a history.

Found a ton of wheats in this park but only 5 silver dimes in the past. Considered this park hunted out many times. Needed to do something different today.
High voltage towers cross this park and in the past i stayed away from them because of the extreme EMI interference.
Then it dawned on me that other detectorists probably did the same.

So i used my extreme trashy park pattern using MTC, NEL Hunter coil, DeepON, RecoveryON, TrashON and ARGH!! AAAUUTO [A] sensitivity then played around with the noise channels until i found one that settled the eTRAC down some but still with a lot of EMI-related falsing. Got a bouncy Conductive 35 to 47 between the falses but seemed to like 43 at the 90 deg. only.
There it was on the side of the hole and at a 45 deg. angle at only 5 inches.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/5_28_zps8a39af59.jpg

Beautiful dime! Way to "dial" your E-Trac in for specific, site orientated hunt! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

wow...that one is in great shape ta boot...!!!!!!

Thats a beautiful Seated, and also a really good post about thinking and setting up to work a difficult area avoided by most...Nice job!:clapping::please:
Mud

Yeah, i like the challenge of hunting a 'hunted out' park by trying something different or pushing the envelope the next time out there. It usually pays off.
Can be as simple as sweeping from a different direction from previous detecting sessions, different coil, different settings or in this case, strategy.

Even a $300 detector can find some old coins at a virgin site.
With an eTRAC following up, it''ll find the deeper/trickier oldies that cheaper detector walked over.

nice i might have to try that, i know a couple of parks i have hunted in the past that have that same problem with emi in certain areas. good save my friend