Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High Voltage Warning

RLOH

I have been using the stock re-chargeable battery on my Etrac for the last two months with no problems. This battery was brand new in March of this year. Yesterday when I powered the Etrac up, I got a warning saying the voltage was too high and the detector would not power on. I turned it on and off four or five times and it eventually turned on and operated perfectly. I came home and put it on the charger overnight and checked the voltage with my tester. It read 11.95 volts. Any ideas to what might have happened. My worst nightmare is having to send it in and being told it can't be fixed.

I've had rechargeable batts fail. One short circuited during charging and almost caused a house fire. So with that in mind, I really don't like the etrac charging system-- charge should shut off when the battery is charged, like on the ctx.

Do you have a spare? The etrac batt that takes alkaline? That would give some direction.

I've had rechargeable batts fail. One short circuited during charging and almost caused a house fire. So with that in mind, I really don't like the etrac charging system-- charge should shut off when the battery is charged, like on the ctx.

Do you have a spare? The etrac batt that takes alkaline? That would give some direction.
Yes, I have the alkaline pack that I always carry with me. Will take your advice on unplugging charger. Thanks