Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Historical Research

~ACE~

Hey folks, because I live in Canada, we are froze up for a few months during winter. I am absolutely OBSESSED with historical research of my local and surrounding areas. The more I know, the better I feel! Overlapping old maps with current ones and Google Earth, walking in the woods and plotting old foundations and cellars, talking with the seniors in my community...it all gets my motor going. Using census and vital records to track down family members of founding settlers, and looking at any evidence they have of their ancestors in my area. This helps to establish where old homesteads and settlements were. I found a rock wall in the middle of the woods, miles from any road, and by the time I was done researching it, I found that it separated two plots which were both owned by local ship builders, and that one fell off a ladder and died in the house...no one ever lived in it after, and that was in 1826. I love the hard work and paper trail. That is my hobby, and my wife calls me a big geek!!

ACE
I do the same down here in Tasmania, my wife gives me the geek look as well
Have uncovered a lot of prospective detecting site into the bargin

Peter