Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit a honey hole today!!!!

2000nkb

Well I made a trip to the same park that Steve C. showed some of us newer members where he has found civil war bullets and relics. It started off real slow. I didn't find anything for probably 2 hrs. Then all of a sudden my luck changed!!! I found my 1st 3 ringer!!!! Covered the hole and checked right next to where my first and there was another iffy faint signal. I dug it, another 3 ringer!!! Anyways this is how it went for the next hour and a 1/2. I not only got my 1st 3 ringer, but also got my 24th 3 ringer in the same day!!!!! I had to quit because I was tired of diggin' those 8" to 15" targets. Yep no kiddin' 15 inches. All of these targets were in an area probably 8 foot x 10 foot. There are more targets left there, because I heard them and left them for another day. This is probably only a fraction of what's in that area. Which leads to a question. Would it be ok to take a military shovel to dig in these wooded areas, as long as I still filled my holes? Oh and thanks again Steve C. for directing me to this part of the park.:) I'm wondering if this area is where they emptied their weapons or possibly a target area? Your guess is as good as mine.

You have some really nice ones there Nathan. You might be giving Luke a run for his money this month. Star Wars vs. Star Trek, as you boldly went where no man has gone before. The way I understand it is, Bullet Hill was a a target area.

Nathan, I'm so jealous. :please: I would take a 3 ringer over a piece of silver right now. Congrats on the honey hole.

This is why I share my sites. Great rescue of these bullets. All were fired over many years and none are target practice due to zero cleaner bullets found. This probably makes over 200 found at this site. Keep your ear tuned for Staff Officer Buttons too. I have two from opposite ends of the trail.

Cleaner bullets came after the .69 was on the downslide in favor of the .58. Williams made the cleaner bullets in .58 only and the .69 muskets were hand cleaned. That many bullets in such a small area could very well have been a backstop for a target range.

Congratulations Nathan

Super recovery Nathan! You've got one heck of a collection there. HH, Nancy

fantastic man im proud of you........i know you were sweating bullets that day......no pun intended . good stuff. see you tomorow