Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit my 25,000 Milestone

jimmyk

Hi, all:

Started detecting in 1979 and have kept meticulous records of my coin totals. A year and a half ago I had some health issues and decided my detecting days were over. I ended up with open heart surgery to have one bypass and a heart valve replaced. After four months of rehab and a continuous exercise program, I decided to give it a go again. I bought a used F 75 about four weeks ago and set off to accomplish a goal of finding my 25,000th coin. I was 134 coins short and this month I found 335 coins at my local park and school. I found three one dollar coins, five wheat pennies and two mercury dimes. I was happy to achieve my 25K goal,. Especially, considering I prefer relic hunting here in Missouri. I've found over 9100 civil war bullets over my many years of hunting.

It's nice to be back hunting, although at 74 years old, I don't have the stamina I used to have. Hope to be able to post more finds in the future.

Thanks for lookin' and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Congratulations jimmy. Glad you were able to get back in the game. I am 78 and know this great hobby has gone a long ways in keeping me active. I still hunt 4 or so hours every day. 25,000 alone is a lot of knee bends. Good luck. HH jim tn

I started hunting in 1982 and I'm 66 this year. I have never kept track of the clad but I have kept track of everything else such as Wheats, old nickels,silvers etc. Record keeping is one of the aspects of detecting that makes the hobby even more enjoyable for me. I keep records on daily finds as well as monthly and yearly. Trying to beat one of my records helps to keep me motivated. Finding an old coin never gets tiresome and as the oldies become more scarce the thrill seems to increase. Congratulations on the 25,000 milestone hope you find many more.

That's awesome! More Good Fortune is sure to come your way.