Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit the beach after work.

Buried Crap NJ

Hit the beach right out of work, hunted 1:45 minutes dug 70 coins to include 1 buffalo 1 foreign coin. 30 were pennies 1 wheat. Water was rough tide chased me off beach!
BCNJ

Pennies are a dime a dozen. Just to save digging time I disc out their sad little spot on the display. They are about as obnoxious as pull-tabs. I'll keep the higher Co values for dimes/quarters.

Johnnyanglo said:
Pennies are a dime a dozen. Just to save digging time I disc out their sad little spot on the display. They are about as obnoxious as pull-tabs. I'll keep the higher Co values for dimes/quarters.

If it were that easy everyone would just go out and dig gold rings! While pennies and pull tabs sometimes repeat the same TID rarely they do! The conditions of zinc pennies in the ocean have them on the TID from XX-00 through XX-44. But pennies and pull tabs almost never sound like gold.
In my 40 plus years swinging many different detectors, I can tell you that you need to remove all those loud blaring trash signals to reach the soft gold platinum signal hiding at deeper depths. Far too many times after griding an area that produced hundreds of coins did I go back through and retrieve gold rings that lurked below the coins. I have been using the CTX 3030 coming up on two years and have become quite confident in it's ability to discriminate out targets. What I do know is my gold finds out number the others hunting around me?
BCNJ

Matt was there the day before too, and got 6-7 silvers. He said about a foot of sand came back in when we got there yesterday. He got 4 silver rosey's, I got one and 2 silver rings. Looked like 2 hunters were at the pit.

Agree 100% on the zincs. They have to be dug because their target signature is close if not exact to some gold rings. Especially those beat up ones. I cursed about 10 times yesterday digging those things, but any one of them left in the sand can be a gold ring. The only fool proof way to know for sure is to dig them up.

Chased a lot of .22 casings too hoping it was a piece of gold chain or small pendant.

May go back to the piles at the other beach on Sunday.

Hope to see you at Ron's on Saturday.

Buried Crap NJ said:
Johnnyanglo said:

If it were that easy everyone would just go out and dig gold rings! While pennies and pull tabs sometimes repeat the same TID rarely they do! The conditions of zinc pennies in the ocean have them on the TID from XX-00 through XX-44. But pennies and pull tabs almost never sound like gold.
In my 40 plus years swinging many different detectors, I can tell you that you need to remove all those loud blaring trash signals to reach the soft gold platinum signal hiding at deeper depths. Far too many times after griding an area that produced hundreds of coins did I go back through and retrieve gold rings that lurked below the coins. I have been using the CTX 3030 coming up on two years and have become quite confident in it's ability to discriminate out targets. What I do know is my gold finds out number the others hunting around me?
BCNJ
So true I only hunt land and some zinc pennys are so corroded that the tid is meaningless they hit all over the place , it would be nice if they got rid of them and the dollar and just used dimes quarters and 1 dollar coins :thumbup: but if they continue to use zincets we will just have to keep digging the trash coins so we don't miss anything good . Lot's of coin there for a short hunt I wonder how it is to be swinging still have a mounth to wait :rage: sube

Johnnyanglo said:

I hear what you're saying, but really not as good of an idea as it sounds. Maybe in the dry sand for fresh drops. I dug two silver Rosie's yesterday that would have been missed if I out had eliminated zincs/pennies. The Co was 39 on both and they were mixed among lots of iron targets in wet sand.