Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit the same exact site tonight with my SE that I have worked my ETrac through the last 3 previous days

digitrich

My Etrac with the 11 inch Pro, and eight inch Sun Ray, pulled about 25 wheats and two mercs out of this 400 square foot area in three couple hour hunts. Also about 4 or 5 dollars in clad. Most of the coins were less than five inches, one wheat was six inches on edge I think. The signals were not very clear,, lots of nails and trash to contend with and I had to really concentrate to pull anything, nothing really locked on except for surface clad. Most of the time I ran in auto +3, the third day I used manual and for a little while, got away with pushing it to 27:happy: And then it started to false to 1-30 and 1-31, constant fight with that, this is the site I posted yesterday discing out those numbers and still the machine hit them and displayed them as if I hadn't done it:stars:.

Tonight I took my SE over the very same ground because of my air tests this morning to see if the additional air depth would translate to additional "in ground" depth. I found 14 coins in under two hours. All were 5 -8 inches, most in the six to seven inch range. 1 merc, 11 wheats, 1 clad dime and 1 clad quarter. This was no easy picnic for the SE either, as only 3 or 4 of the targets were crisp, 4 way signals. And not using my SE for 60 hours of ETrac detecting has definitely effected my abilities with the SE in a negative fashion. Most signals were three way signals and a couple only two way but just sounded too good. I was able to get manual sensitivity on the SE with the SR 8 coil up to 27 stable, AND it stayed there comfortably, could have pushed it higher. I hunted in conduct tones with the SE and IM up to 27. It was easily obvious to me I was getting about 20 to 30 % more depth than I was with the ETrac and that these were coins the ETrac missed. The tones on the SE were allot more crisp and flutey compared to the ETrac tones that were flat and scratchy. I pity anyone who has to sell their SE to buy the ETrac as they are two very different machines and having one doesn't make the other unnecessary. i ended up digging three nails that falsed with the SE but I was really pushing that iffy thing further than normal. NO trash, no zincs.

If it were a contest, I would say my SE smoked my ETrac, especially since the ETrac got first shot and 12 hours more attention.:detecting:

Digit, you have obviously got a SH** machine there, do you not know anyone else with a good ET you can play with? trust me its not the case here and the ET is smoking all the Explorer models that why we have so many SE machines on Ebay at any given time about eight today.

The ET was a bit slow to get going over here but now the snowball has started rolling everyone is talking about it.

Just my dealer, he's an hour and a half away, and my wife's due date for our next baby is Oct 3rd so I really can't go too far. From my air test results, falsing issues and not being able to disc out 1-30 & 1-31, I am pretty sure my machine has issues, so I will be sending it in probably by the end of the week. I have just been compiling info for Mine Lab so that they will have a better idea what is going on with it when they receive it. It's not like they have been repairing these yet, so I really want to give them as much info as possible. I would guess they are probably just going to replace it outright.:shrug: i have to say though, for me to be able to get as many targets, albeit shallow targets, with this thing messed up; I am way impressed with the ETrac. With a deeper, more stable version of this machine, I am sure I am going to love my ETrac.:thumbup:

Hey Digitrich, I surely hope ML can come up with something to resolve your issues. My ET seems to be doing well with the depth but I too am having the falsing issue with the 1-30,1-31 issues also. Keep us all informed. Congralations on the expected little one. :buds: EddieB

Digit, post your Disc pattern and Mode files so I can try it out here, do you have any airforce radar anywhere near to you?

Where do you get these sites...??? I am so tired of not having a good site to hunt. I have a new place to try this week but I don't have high hopes...

J

Quote "There are 3 Explorer SEs on ebay right now, 2 in the UK and 1 in the states. I know your trying to make a point here, just wondering what it is?"

Neil I'm not making a point the sellers of the Explorers are making a statement, and that's why there have been over 30 for sale on Ebay in the past 4 weeks since the launch of the E-Track, yesterday there was 8 up for grabs 3 being the Explorer SE. People just love to have the latest technology.

I was just idicating to other Minelab users how well the E-Track has been received in the UK.

And your point is?

Rigit said:
the ET is smoking all the Explorer models that why we have so many SE machines on Ebay at any given time about eight today.

Huh? Thats not what I have been reading? Smoking the SE???

People just love to have the latest technology.

Thats a more correct statement, and there is nothing wrong with that! They both seem to be fine machines. No reason to start a machine war between these TWO fine detectors.

I agree with you that people love to have the latest tech stuff, Im the same way as are my hunt buddies but the amount of explorers for sale hasnt increased at all since the etrac.

sorry if I upset you in anyway. sometimes the push on the new machines gets me a bit upset, especially since its only recently been released. I went to ebay straight away after reading your post and found about the same number as always of explorers. simply trying to wade through the various posts to see if the etrac is an improvement over the explorer.

so that would be my point.

Neil