Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Holy smokes the Superfly

Here it is. And she’s fan freaking tastic!
SOLD! That’s the coil I’ve been looking for. Other than under power lines my favorite setting has become 75-10-BP In the areas I hunt. That coil should be a killer. Many thanks for sharing the results your test.
Bill

SOLD! That’s the coil I’ve been looking for. Other than under power lines my favorite setting has become 75-10-BP In the areas I hunt. That coil should be a killer. Many thanks for sharing the results your test.
Bill
You bet! Not a problem! I already cherish this coil. Did you see how unbelievably stable it is when it’s wide open!? I was knocking it pretty good. Man it makes the deep stuff sound killer. A real bullet hunter for sure! If it’s stable under power lines then I won’t need one for the g2.

I have used aftermarket coils since the early 90s, but overall I have not been a big fan of aftermarket coils. Why? Because I usually expect the detector manufacturer to provide the best possible coils for their products. With that said, there are three coils that I definitely admire.

I found the NEL Sharpshooter coil, to perform as well or better then many of the other 5 x 9.5 coils by other makers or detector manufacturers. The only exception to selecting that coil, for me, is I like the Nokta 5X9.5 on my Relic as well as that same size coil on my Simplex +. They work really well.

The second coil I have enjoyed is also a NEL offering, and that is a solid, 5" 'Sharp' DD. I currently have that for my Garrett Apex to work the densest brush and debris I encounter.

Those used to be the only two aftermarket coils that got my attention. Today, however oh, there is a third aftermarket coil and that is the NEL Super Fly which I bought brand new to evaluate on a brand-new T2 Plus. Neither have been taken Outdoors, but I set up some indoor comparison tests, use theT2+ at 90 sensitivity, Indian boost process with disc at 10.

The eight or nine brand new detectors I bought and extra coils, I can see the t2 Plus with Superfly has been the first to go when I get an ad up. A very impressive detector with that new coil.

Monte