Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hope i don't regret this

jim central mo

i sold my beloved dfx and ordered the v3i.i gotta say it was a tough decision but if i don't like it i can always get another dfx.any of you guys used one yet?

I have one but I don't have as many hours on it as I want. I'm a bit distracted right now. However, that will change later this summer and I'll be spending a whole lot more field time with the V3i. The time I did use it I liked it very much. Gotta get used to the new tones as I am very used to my MXT. It is a very versatile machine that has many excellent features on it. Give it some time and, by all means, frequent the V3i related fourms here as well as the Whites Forum. There is a wealth of knowledge there to take advantage of. Carl from White's has put together an advanced users guide that provides more insight that the users manual falls short on. My only gripe is that the users manual is not as detailed as I believe it really needs to be for the level of qualtity detector that you are buying.

There is certainly a lot to learn if you want to know everything about the V3i, but fortunately one does not have to know everything to have a ton of fun with it. It is a very good detector right out of the box and certainly not for everyone, it is VERY advanced and recommended for the advanced user.

You shouldn't Jim. If you were proficient with the DFX, you should do fine with the V3i, many of us made the move up from the DFX and never looked back. Give yourself at least a year to master the new operating platform before giving up on the V, but you will notice the V is deeper right out of the box as compared to a modified DFX. We have a bunch of great guys on the V forum to help you along.

As you know, you can change the audio to match the MXT Butch, but if you give the tone ID a fair chance, you will seldom have to look at your TID for information.

I'll certainly try it on the V3i but I must admit that I will come to it from a bias of "not for me". I will eventually change the tones to mimic the MXT as I simply do like that tonal sound. I just gotta get through my book workin' first. It's a pain trying to be a "rocket scientist".

Thanks Larry.

[attachment 191431 dr_strangelove-763806-tm.jpg]

Then yes, that is what I am. :blink: