Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hoping…

Hoping that you kind folks that live in civil war areas start finding some things and sharing. Having withdrawals from seeing all your goodies!
I haven’t been in ages. I haven’t been on the forum in a while either. But my 7 year old and I are going civil war hunting today. I hope he finds his first civil war stuff. And i have hunted this place many times and it always gives up some goodies.

Hope this small array will hold you for a little while. The last three pictures are of a common 3 ringer, but it is encased in Antietam battlefield dirt. My departed brother Joe found it back in the late 70s-early 80s when there was still battlefield land in private hands and he had permission to hunt. The 25 dropped bullets in the frame all came from one hole at a confederate camp site. 21 .69 caliber and 4 .58 caliber bullets. The buckles were dug the same day at the same site by Joe and my other brother Kenny. They are both gone now, but I would give anything to have them back and go out hunting. I reckon I will have to be good so when I go I can meet them in heaven and dig some awesome finds!
20220604_135030.jpg
20230122_144714.jpg
stirrups 2.jpg
all from one hole 2.jpg
bayonet 1.jpg
buckles 1.jpg
some lead.jpg
vacation 2013 060.jpg
vacation 2013 061.jpg
vacation 2013 062.jpg

Hope this small array will hold you for a little while. The last three pictures are of a common 3 ringer, but it is encased in Antietam battlefield dirt. My departed brother Joe found it back in the late 70s-early 80s when there was still battlefield land in private hands and he had permission to hunt. The 25 dropped bullets in the frame all came from one hole at a confederate camp site. 21 .69 caliber and 4 .58 caliber bullets. The buckles were dug the same day at the same site by Joe and my other brother Kenny. They are both gone now, but I would give anything to have them back and go out hunting. I reckon I will have to be good so when I go I can meet them in heaven and dig some awesome finds!
View attachment 49568View attachment 49569View attachment 49570View attachment 49571View attachment 49572View attachment 49573View attachment 49574View attachment 49575View attachment 49576View attachment 49577
Thank you fyrffytr1 for sharing the pics of relics. Nice, very nice!

Beautiful collection.
Loved to have been there when found them.
The expressions would have been priceless.
Thanks for sharing.

don't live in CW areas, found this up in Michigan this past October, upon research, believe it belonged to a private in the 11th Michigan Infantry, Company A. Had initials A.M. cared in the back. Look closely, you can see it, his daughter and mother had the same initials. KOOOOOOL.

Attachments

• br.jpeg
    br.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • breastplateback.jpeg
    breastplateback.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
View attachment 49568View attachment 49569View attachment 49570View attachment 49571View attachment 49572View attachment 49573View attachment 49574View attachment 49575View attachment 49576View attachment 49577
Very nice finds and displays!
Sure gets me motivated to get out!

don't live in CW areas, found this up in Michigan this past October, upon research, believe it belonged to a private in the 11th Michigan Infantry, Company A. Had initials A.M. cared in the back. Look closely, you can see it, his daughter and mother had the same initials. KOOOOOOL.
Awesome!