Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hoping soon. Expectations.

Beyonder

Yea I'm that impatient. Black Friday would be a great time to release the EQ but not likely. The following Friday would be okay but I hope not much later.

So what Do I expect?

Trouble out of the starting gate: A software issue most likely easily fixed with an immediate update.

Flood of videos: Every regular vid poster will be doing unboxings, air tests, field tests, etc.

Flood of forum reports: Good, bad, and ugly.

Buyer's paradise: Markets will be inundated with used detectors buyers will pick-up great deals.

Further updates: After the first month or so another software update will be released.

More to come...

Beyonder, you're probably right on all those points.

I too expect trouble out of the gate. A few dozen field testers in limited controlled environments simply can't uncover every possible software glitch or internal setting/calibration error that will show up when suddenly thousands of users are putting it to the real torture test of end consumers.

Minelab by making the software upgradable (firmware flashable), will avert the embarrassing mistakes other detector manufacturers have made recently that have required owners to physically send their units back in for the flash fix. That's one big reason why I am going ahead and getting one from the first batch. As long as it's not a hardware problem, which I doubt would happen, then anything that crops up after release should be able to be easily fixed without even having to send in the detector.

Beyonder said:
Yea I'm that impatient. Black Friday would be a great time to release the EQ but not likely. The following Friday would be okay but I hope not much later.

So what Do I expect?

Trouble out of the starting gate: A software issue most likely easily fixed with an immediate update.

Flood of videos: Every regular vid poster will be doing unboxings, air tests, field tests, etc.

Flood of forum reports: Good, bad, and ugly.

Buyer's paradise: Markets will be inundated with used detectors buyers will pick-up great deals.

Further updates: After the first month or so another software update will be released.

More to come...

Beyonder,

With the seriousness of the issues at hand, I thought it best to consult with THE MAGIC 8 BALL.

And the Magic 8 Ball says;

** Cannot predict now **

Hmmm. must be too early to tell. Perhaps there are still decisions to be made by Minelab that will affect the outcome.

Anyway, part of your prognostication is already in progress; the dumping of used detectors. Really good detectors seem to be flooding the used classifieds in conjunction with the release of the equinox. Not sure if it is because the owner's perceive their old detectors are now obsolete or if they need the equity in their current detectors to buy the new one.

I hate to press the MAGIC 8 BALL for too many answers in one day. So I'll wait.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new detector can do in my neck of the woods.

Rich -

Rich, you are a genius! I never would have thought to consult the Magic 8 Ball, but for this (per-launch) forum it is the perfect way to answer such important questions. I'm glad you're using restraint and not abusing the power of the 8 ball. May the force be with you. Live long and prosper. Nanu Nanu!