Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot weather finds from last few hunts. Silver and relics.

cz70pro

Thought I would post my finds from the last few hunts. It has been hot! Lots of Gatorade, sunscreen and extra dry shirts. Finds were made at my court house permission and two parks using an open screen with a 24 ferrous line and both the X-5 and stock 11" coil. Hope everyone is out there having fun. HH

Mercury dimes: 1925, 1940, 1942 and 1943
Rosies: 1949, 1951 and 1964
Silver war nickel: 1945P
Buffalo nickels: Both no dates (one found lying on the surface)
Indian Head pennies: 1899, 1901 and 1906

Small lead brooch
Art Deco dog pin
Very large early 1900's compact lid (dug at 12 inches with the stock coil)
Victorian watch winder
Knoxville lead bag seal
1988 Batman pendant
1850's 2 piece snowflake pattern button

Civil War Relics
Two 58 caliber minie balls
Four buck and balls
One pistol ball
Cartridge box finial

Wow! Nicely done. Thanks for sharing your finds and your settings.
Too hot here in AZ. to hunt. But the season is coming soon! Eight months of swinging weather right around the corner.
Thanks again!

Dean

Hey CZ,

Great finds!
I fully understand I blew off this weekend due to the heat.
This week is going to drop into the mid 70s I hope for some good finds to post.
Happy Hunting,

dbado1 said:
Wow! Nicely done. Thanks for sharing your finds and your settings.
Too hot here in AZ. to hunt. But the season is coming soon! Eight months of swinging weather right around the corner.
Thanks again!

Dean

Thanks Dean! We are lucky enough to get to hunt pretty much all year round here as well. As soon as the leaves fall and the temps get cold we are back in the thick of the woods relic hunting.

diggervance said:
Hey CZ,

Great finds!
I fully understand I blew off this weekend due to the heat.
This week is going to drop into the mid 70s I hope for some good finds to post.
Happy Hunting,

Thanks DV. Yep, it was in the mid 90's this past weekend. We are going to be at 79-80 degrees after Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it. Hope we both have some amazing finds to post!

Very Nice Finds CZ,
I can tell you know your machine well from the variety of stuff you pulled.
I found that exact same dog pin up in Canada a couple years ago.
- Dave

floodplaindetector said:
Very Nice Finds CZ,
I can tell you know your machine well from the variety of stuff you pulled.
I found that exact same dog pin up in Canada a couple years ago.
- Dave

Thanks Dave. I really appreciate that. I am always learning something every time I go out. Part of the fun and I love using the machine. Pretty cool that you found the exact same pin. Now if I can just get some of those SLQ's like you've been digging this year!

Greg

I'd pound the heck out of those places.
Did most of your old finds come from the old court house?
Were a lot of the finds really iffy like surrounded by trash?

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I'd pound the heck out of those places.
Did most of your old finds come from the old court house?
Were a lot of the finds really iffy like surrounded by trash?

Don't worry, I give the word "pound" a new meaning when hunting my sites. LOL I love using different coils and settings to try and find things I've missed. The court house generally has items from the early 1900's and up. The 1899 IHP above has been the oldest coin found there so far. They scraped the site when they rebuilt the old burned down one.

We just started hunting a new park that saw activity beginning in the early to mid 19th century, then saw heavy activity during the Civil War, then became a Victorian neighborhood and now is a 30 acre park. This site has been incredible so far. Part of the park was a city landfill during the early 1900's and we have been concentrating on that area for now. The signals are crazy and we have had to hunt with the small coils most of the time. So many incredible relics side by side and on top of each other. When we first got there I dug 3 buck balls and the cartridge box finial when my friend yelled out that he had made the find of the day. He was right. It was a 1904 Dr. Pepper watch fob. Awesome piece. The X-5 is a must have at this park and while I cart out trash by the bag full, our finds pouches are filling up nicely as well. Once I get an area thinned out with the small coil, I swap over to a larger coil and go after the deeper ones. We are headed over there tomorrow and I hope it continues to produce. We haven't scratched the surface yet.