Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about a bEach-Trac

Todd Pickens

I have seen a Sovereign and an SE turned into water machines, why not an E-Trac. I was a Minelab dealer when the E-Trac came out and the one I use was my store demo unit. It has been abused. The screen is scratched, its been dropped several times, batteries have popped in it, and it has been wet, but it still keeps on going. I have taken it apart a couple of times to fix simple issues and it still works. Now I want to take it swimming. I am thinking about taking it apart an putting it in a water proof box and mounting it to a straight shaft. I dint read numbers I just listen to it, so I dint need to see the screen. So what do you think. Am I nuts or can this be done.

I think it's a good idea. I have converted an Ace 250 and Whites Coinmaster into water machines. I was thinking about doing the same thing to a used Safari if the price was right.

i recall reading a thread on the waterproofed Explorer i dont see why the same exact method he used cant be used on an etrac. He did do an extraordinary job it looked like something that wouldve came from a factory.

Ok, I have searched the net and i think I know what I am going to do. The only thing I cant find is how to extend the cable for the coil. All my coils have short cables. Anybody know where to get longer cables or a connector. I think Coiltek used to sell something.

Coiltek made coil extension cables, dont know if now they do. another option use two separate coax cables and solder coil without connector and near finish your project show us how its look. Thanks