Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How About this Comparison

jimz49

Here are two tests I'd like to see when the Legend becomes available to the public.

1. Legend vs Equinox
2. Legend vs Deus II

And I'd like to see Calabash Digger do the tests. I believe he provides the best (no BS) information in his you tube videos and has no biases for one machine versus the other.

I don't envision him buying a Legend under the circumstances, but maybe someone near by will have one he can run through his test garden. He already knows what the Deus ll and Equinox will hit in his garden. Once again, though, not sure we are looking at apples to apples when comparing....but time will tell, I guess. HH jim tn

There's been a lot of discussion about how the Legend will measure up to or perhaps out do the Equinox. Personally, I think the intent of the Legend is to compete with the Equinox in both performance and build quality. For that reason I don't see a test of the two as an unreasonable/unfair comparison. Further more, Calabash has been doing a lot of testing/comparisons of the Dues II to other machines and has made several references to the equinox's abilities while making those comparisons. So, a head to head between the Legend and the Dues II wouldn't be to far fetched of an idea. After all, I read others say the Equinox, in some respect is a better machine than the CTX, which is at a similar price point as the Deus II.

I'd certainly like to see a test or several tests between the Legend and the Equinox. I've been using a Nokta for years and loving it but it can't match the Equinox I bought in late 2021 in finding silver coins in iron and bottle cap infested sites. I'm sure the multi freq legend was designed to level the playing field and I'd be curious to see if their objective will be attained. Legend vs Deus II would be great too but the price difference alone puts the Deus II in another category altogether. Some people can't or simply don't want to spend that much on a detector no matter how good it is.

The legend has been tested here in the uk on the beach,the first time its ever been officially tested apparently.......it did well,but those expecting it to be the new machine that edges ahead of everything else may be disappointed.
What it msy do is make other manufacturers think about pricing points as it looks as though it will have similar performance to the nox at a cheaper price.Time will tell.

The only reason I thought a test of the Legend and the Deus II would be interesting is many have compared the Equinox with the CTX and the CTX is at a similar price point to the Deus II.

Calabash released a great you tube earlier today on iron bias setting (or lack of) in the Legend. Well worth the watch. The one disappointing thing I picked up on was he wasn't likely to compare the Legend to the Deus II because of the price difference.

The only reason I thought a test of the Legend and the Deus II would be interesting is many have compared the Equinox with the CTX and the CTX is at a similar price point to the Deus II.
I'm hoping someone does a video where they put the XP Deus II up against the CTX 3030...or E-trac. The Deus II has modern technology, is faster and is proving to be very versatile and impressive. If it proves to be as good as or better than any of the two above mentioned Minelab detectors, I'll definitely buy it. Still on the fence and in no hurry.

I'm hoping someone does a video where they put the XP Deus II up against the CTX 3030...or E-trac. The Deus II has modern technology, is faster and is proving to be very versatile and impressive. If it proves to be as good as or better than any of the two above mentioned Minelab detectors, I'll definitely buy it. Still on the fence and in no hurry.
The type of test you need to see is where two people,each with the one of the above mentioned detectors,goes to a field that is new to them and compares each signal that is found.There are a couple of guys here in the uk that have done a few tests like this and they show machines performing in "real" conditions.Also geat fun to watch as they both promote their machines as the best and both want to win.
All you really get test wise are ridiculous "on the surface tests" that show you nothing at,all unless your hobby is looking for targets lying on the surface.Would be interesting to see thevdeus 2 v the etrac in real detecting scenarios.

Calabash has already made claim in his opinion, that the D2 appears to out edge the Nox on depth at the beach. For the Legend though….The supposed (iron bias) sounds sketchy (accuracy) from what I’m hearing……. I still believe the Nox will have the edge though, in my opinion. I think the build quality will be better however on the Legend…….My vote already for top dog will end up being the D2.

Calabash has already made claim in his opinion, that the D2 appears to out edge the Nox on depth at the beach. For the Legend though….The supposed (iron bias) sounds sketchy (accuracy) from what I’m hearing……. I still believe the Nox will have the edge though, in my opinion. I think the build quality will be better however on the Legend…….My vote already for top dog will end up being the D2.
If XP doesn't win it won't be because they didn't bait the field and bribe the testers. Too many "freebies" scattered about to be an objective test.

If XP doesn't win it won't be because they didn't bait the field and bribe the testers. Too many "freebies" scattered about to be an objective test.
I have had just about enough or your crap pal!!! You are insulting my integrity and accusing me of being a liar and OTHERS.....Just to be blunt you need to shut up! You clearly don't have a clue! ANYBODY with any sense can tell from the videos clearly something is up with the top tier performance of this machine..

I have had just about enough or your crap pal!!! You are insulting my integrity and accusing me of being a liar and OTHERS.....Just to be blunt you need to shut up! You clearly don't have a clue! ANYBODY with any sense can tell from the videos clearly something is up with the top tier performance of this machine..
Are you trying to say there's a problem with the nox.😂😂😂😂

If the shoe fits, pal. Take it personal if you like... A hit dog will holler.

When I started this thread I never expected it to deteriorate as it has. I was hoping we could all learn something in the process. It appears that there are those that have their mind made up and hate to hear anything to the contrary. The one thing I (hopefully we all) can take away from this is no one should attack another person or company's character without having the evidence to back it up.

gwsears, "common sense" is not evidence.

You might have a point if XP sent free machines out and the recipients did nothing other than declare the Deus II the best machine ever made - without ever turning the Deus II on or releasing a single video of the Deus II in action. But that hasn't happened (to my knowledge anyway).

What has happened is hours upon hours of testing, using, comparing..... followed by hours upon hours of editing, uploading, answering questions, taking requests, etc... Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Free machines?

Only if their time and trouble is without value.

My guess is that the real cost (to the testers) of those "free" machines is more than the $1600 they would've spent to buy the machine. And that doesn't take into account the personal attacks levied against the tester(s).