Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How are the machines working in NM ?

bugg

A few guys bought the t2 last week in New Mexico, but we havent heard much yet. How they workin guys?

I can not complain about depth and target separation yet. But i have a problem reading my display in the sunlight here in NM. I'm going to meet Dave Johnson today in El Paso and show him that problem and take care of that. I wanted to get rid of the detector first because of that problem but called Dave and he told me it can be fixed. Other than that i have not much to complain. OK, i want a smaller coil for it and will tell Dave today how important a smaller coil for us is.
Would like to see a 4x7 DD coil for the T2. If it would store the last settings that would be better too.
I have the feeling that the secret behind that T2 is the 11" coil and not the detectors power. I think a Whites M6 with a 12.5 Exellerator coil could do as good but have to test it later. Lets not forget that the M6 offers automatic GB and tracking and 7 ID tones.
I will let you guys know more after the "meeting" with Dave later.

HH,
Andy

Hi Andy

I can see where the bright sun could make it difficult to view sometimes. I notice the same with my XLT & DFX. Please let us know what Dave has to say.

There

You compare it to the Whites. No comparison at all between them.Same post you made on the other forum comparing to the Tesoro. I think my post is more polite.:thumbdown:

Never thought it was something that could be fixed. :shrug:

1. I wrote:
........but have to test it later.

What don't you understand about that ?

2. I will do more detecting when i can read the display !

3. I never compared the T2 to a Tesoro. I compared other detectors to the Tejon. (one other brand detector and a Vaquero)

4. I don't post on the forums to be polite. I try to post helpful information to the guys who have to buy their detector and don't get them for free. If you don't like what i post you are welcome to ague about what i wrote. That's what a forum is for, isn't it ?

5. Since i pay for my detectors i have the right to post the strength and the weaknesses of them. My right of free speech is not limited by any agenda.

6. We all have different preferences when it comes to the perfect detector. What i see as a weakness may be a strength for another user.

7. Some guys like to hear/read my unbiased opinion. My opinion could be wrong some times but i learn some every day too.

8. Sure i will test the Whites M6 vs. Teknetics T2. I will find out that way what detector works better for ME .

9. Right now the Whites is on top. because i can read the display. May change tomorrow.

HH,
Andy

My T2 has a four-tone system as it is described in the manual.

You are right automatic GB and tracking is not always better but you can pump the coil of the M6 over the ground, let it automaticly GB and put it to "lock" position. Works as fast as fastgrab.

Automatic GB has the advantage that it will correct the GB if the ground changes. With a manual GB the user could encounter different ground conditions and the manual GB setting could be wrong without the user knowing it. That would be lost performance.

Don't worry , you are going to sell the T2 you have in stock, hehehe.
Right now i can't even say what detector i like better.

HH,
Andy

I did not say the T2, you compared the M6 to the Tejon and got blasted. No problem, all your posts to me pretty much suck, very negative, never a good thing to say. Put some sun glasses on it. I know the M6 does not need sun glasses. Just my opinion using my freedom of speech.:nono:

Fisher CZ had a long run with a high tone nickel. It might not be appropriate for all three multi-tone modes, but I would like to see it stay on at least the 3 modes.

:detecting:

My T2 has a four-tone system as it is described in the manual.

I said it wrong, sorry about that. Here it is as writen by Teknetics.

Selectable Tone I.D. - T2 offers 6 different tone modes for Target I.D. (Low, Medium, High plus enhanced tones for even more accuracy when needed.)

With a manual GB the user could encounter different ground conditions and the manual GB setting could be wrong without the user knowing it. That would be lost performance.

Were talking about the T-2 here, not manual GB detectors in general. If the operator doesn

No wonder my posts "suck" for you if you can't read them right.
Now do your homework before you post that junk again.

HH,
Andy

I agree with Tex about your post here and on the Tesoro forum. Say what you like or don't like about a unit, but don't bring another brand into a specific brand forum and imply that because YOU rate another brands model higher, therefore it is better. A lot of your posts are very informative, I just don't like the ones that seem intended to inflame. I don't think you intended to inflame with this post but the added comment about the M6, well, this isn't a White's forum, is it? Who cares that the M6 with a 12.5 Ex coil could do as good, (in your opinion). The post you entered on the other forum sure did light a fire and it didn't belong on that forum. The T2 is new, and I don't think I am alone, that the T2 is what we want to read about here.

The ground phase reading in the places I've hunted read 86-90 with Fe readings at .03-.3 The depth has been very good, although I've been going over ground that I've hunted to death with the Explorer XS and EX II and don't have much to show for it, but with good reason. I use a Periscope to hunt and the ground is bone dry. No rain in the last 6 months here. I don't want to break the tip off the probe, I've broken 2 here in NM.
I really want to see if I've left anything behind with the Explorer and need to wait for some moisture. The only problem I've had is interference in town. I had to run sensitivity at 45-55 to quite it down as changing frequencies did not help. I hit a bullet of some sort at 9" with sens at 43.
I don't have a problem with seeing the display like Andy was talking about. I even use a Minelab Explorer housing cover and can still see it great. I was wanting to get a few more hours on it and use it in some variety of place before I posted my results.
So far, I love the lightweight, the ability use use tone ID or not, having a selection of various tones and a VID. The pinpoint has to be the most sensitive I've ever used on any machine.
I did bury a crusty wheat back at 7" and was able to get a solid reading with no problem which leads me to believe the depth on targets buried for a few years will be very good with solid tone ID.
As for target separation and recovery, it has to be the fastest and sharpest machine I've used around here.As I get a few more hours on it, I'll post a more in depth report.