Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How can i know when i can use ground coin?

Look at the suggested sensitivity at the bottom of the screen. If its in the teens, you would probably be good to use ground coin.

BTW- you can use ground coin, any time you want but its intended purpose is to help see good targets when the ground minerals become worse. I don't think it hurts to use it if you dont "need" it

Personally, I would use Ground-Coin, only! But your question indicates a need to buy and read Andy Sabisch's handbook on the CTX 3030. He has a great table in the book about when to use various settings - and some of them can really screw you up, in terms of FE:CO numbers, if you use them in the wrong combination or situation! Your best investment is in the book. It also provides corrections to the owner's manual. I have no vested interests in the book but have read it cover-to-cover 3x and reference the book all the time.

2018 Finds to date:
Gold: 12
Silver: 22
Coins: +2300
Knives: 2
Watches: 1
Sunglasses: Too many to count

I use ground-coin. I find it to be the most stable setting for most of my hunting. Ground-coin is for mineralized ground. Ferrous-coin is for iron littered ground. Ferrous-coin works great around old house sites that is littered with nails. I use ground-coin for yards and parks. You will know how you soil is once you run your detector a bit. If your sensitivity is reduced and your depth is reduced, you should see better stability in ground-coin. Just play with different settings and see what works best for you with your ground.