Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how can i stop the irritating Music that automatically starts when i log on

Seriously... it lasts all of 4 or 5 seconds. How irritating can that be?

J

I wish !:biggrin:
mine didn`t, soon as it stopped........... it came on again.
Personally It is a minor thing i know, but if i wanted Soothing music playing in the back ground, i would put a CD on my Hi Fi.
At least then i have an option whether or not i want music on.
As it is YOU GET IT whether you want it or not.
I just don`t see the point of the music .
I guess we just can`t please every one .Simple as.
Funnily enough it never came on this morning when i logged on. (thank gawd)

Are you talking about Findmall or the ET. I never hear any music when I log on to FM.

I uusually have my sound turned off but I just turned it on and opened FM in another window... no music for me.

J

That is what I thought you were talking about... I never get any music from this site...

I detest music on websites. I did not know there was music here. I almost always have my sound off though. I only turn it on if I want to hear something. They that... it will fix your problem. In fact I have all sounds turned off because I do some multitrack recording with my computers. I use Sonar7 PE...

Control panel > sounds and audio devices > sounds > "no sounds". Of course you can mute everything else by using the speaker icon or you can do it in sound and audio devices > audio.
Something else that will help your performance is this: control panel > system > advanced > performance > visual effects > "adjust for best performance" ... and, (in almost the same place), control panel > system > advanced > performance > advanced > (choose programs for both questions). These settings wont hurt anything but will make your computer run better, you will not have sounds when opening and closing nor will you have a bunch of useless colors and graphics that use up power. It is easy to change back if you don't like it.

As long as we're talking computers, ,if you ever get "pop-ups" or hikackers, or any sort of malware, I am pretty good at removing it. I can tell you, or anyone, what to do to get rid of all the crap that computers get online... especially when kids use them. can get rid of those smileys and those toolbars that you didn't mean to get. :ranting:

Julien

Yeah, i know M8, that`s what got me thinking. I`d never heard music B4, Then all of a sudden, I logg on the E trac Site and this music starts playing in theBack ground. It was like soothing Back ground music.
I thought they must have introduced it recently since i was last on.
Anyway it seems to have vanished as quickly as it appeared. Thank goodness!