Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How close can two detectors get???

Ronstar

Saw this on a crime story program today. It is some State Crime Scene Unit (I dont know what state) looking for a cash box with money in it. Begs to question if thats really a valid procedure to be shoulder to shoulder but it poses a question I dont really have an answer to. Can two detectors run unopposed side by side if they are identical make/model/ and operating frequency? I know if two microphones on stage get too close to one another they will cause feedback thru the amps. I’ve always been told to shut my detector off if someone running hot is getting up and personal....
Hopefully someone here has the background to answer this question

Attachments

• 1190E8F2-1252-4EE5-9060-10FEBA31AC6C.jpeg
    1190E8F2-1252-4EE5-9060-10FEBA31AC6C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
Ronstar, my best guess is about 15 feet between detectors, I hunt with my brother WV62 and I know for sure if he gets closer than 15 feet from me my detector it has a huge effect on both machines, mind being the F5 and his is the etrac.
We've learned to keep that distance and now it's just 2th nature for us.

Ronstar, my best guess is about 15 feet between detectors, I hunt with my brother WV62 and I know for sure if he gets closer than 15 feet from me my detector it has a huge effect on both machines, mind being the F5 and his is the etrac.
We've learned to keep that distance and now it's just 2th nature for us.
If you want to hunt closer together...Ron can do a noise cancel near your detector to quiet them both down. I do that with a lot of hunts near another minelab detector.

It purely makes no sense to me to have two detectors that close but then I’m not with that agency. Jeff and I have been inadvertently close a couple of times and not too much happens from CTX3030 to F75 but we dont want to push that envelope. Recently the university installed some type of electronic cables underground that just mess with me fiercely. I’m betting the two in the photo raised their hands when asked if anyone had ever played with a detector when younger, makes you wonder if they ever found the items they were sent to retrieve.

A friend and I were both using Minelab PI gold detectors and they would interfere with each each other at 30 to 35 foot apart.

Saw this on a crime story program today. It is some State Crime Scene Unit (I dont know what state) looking for a cash box with money in it. Begs to question if thats really a valid procedure to be shoulder to shoulder but it poses a question I dont really have an answer to. Can two detectors run unopposed side by side if they are identical make/model/ and operating frequency? I know if two microphones on stage get too close to one another they will cause feedback thru the amps. I’ve always been told to shut my detector off if someone running hot is getting up and personal....
Hopefully someone here has the background to answer this question
from the etrac manual....
Tip: Noise Cancel is handy for metal detecting competitions when several E-Tracs are working close to one another. Each detector can be set to operate on a different channel so interference between detectors is eliminated. In this case, it is best to select the channels manually.

Jeff and I inadvertently got within about 10 feet of each other yesterday, the F75 started sounding like a slow firing machine gun. Jeff moved back and she quit to SL52 you hit that pretty close

Hunted today next to a CTX 3030... when he fired it up my E-trac went nuts, switched through a few channels manually and found my sweet spot... we both made great finds...

Hunted today next to a CTX 3030... when he fired it up my E-trac went nuts, switched through a few channels manually and found my sweet spot... we both made great finds...
problem solved even before you started hunting....now that is fine tuning an etrac !

had an equinox about 50’ away driving my machine beserk on wet sand a couple days ago. was using an anfibio. I just moved up to dry sand until he went further down the beach, then i went back down towards water. The next day i took my equinox and had no issues