Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HOW COME MY EQUINOX 600 ONLY READ 30 ON A QUARTER

I dont understand the question. 30 is what a quarter normally registers at.

TF,
I can't guess your experience level, so forgive me if this info seems too basic:

Not all VDI scales are the same.,,I.E. there is no universal 'standard' for VDI scales.
Certainly among different manufacturers, but even some model lines of the same brand have different VDI scales, such as the CTX and the EQ.

Depending on the brand/model, the scale can even vary quite a bit ON THE SAME MACHINE when changing operating frequency.
(The Deus XP is a perfect example of this.)

Add to this factors such as coin condition, depth, soil moisture/mineralization...as well as adjacent trash...and you'll quickly find the TID numbers to be more a 'general suggestion', than 'carved in stone'.

Just out of curiosity, what numbers were you expecting for a quarter?

mike

Edit: You may want to review this thread:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?108,2426208

Trashfinder, some worn out coins will ring up a bit less then a new coin.
Coin thickness has something to do with the machine interpreting what it found.
Switch to all metal, if it rings up 29 or higher go for it.

Tony

Like was said worn and deep coins can be even less of a VDI reading. Depending on soil....... you could get a down or UP scale reading of VDIs too. There is still a good separation of VDIs in the coin range and the Nox does very well at TID and tones if run in 50. You think a quarter is bad ..... try a small gold ring in the trash. You do know how many ID digits there are on this machine?

Jason in Enid said:
I dont understand the question. 30 is what a quarter normally registers at.

Precisely. What is the problem? I'd be thrilled with solid 30s on all quarters.

XL...i think the poster had been used to many more digits on his machines. The Nox is a bit of a surprised to those guys....... not 85s. For me 30 is even an UPSCALE of a quarter... mine come in around 26ish..... SOLID.

I had a 1953 quarter hit screaming 31 on the beach but 30 to 31 for a quarter is right on

My worn 1903 Barber quarter I found the other day came in at 30. The 63 Washington was a solid 35.

Ted S said:
My worn 1903 Barber quarter I found the other day came in at 30. The 63 Washington was a solid 35.
Nice finds my walker half last weekend was a solid 35 like my friends weekend before did you double check the hole?