Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do I check my Software version?

rockpup1

Ok I am kinda confused.I have a gold bug pro,I think it has version 3 software.I thought it was suppose to be version 4? If I am correct it is a hotter version as it hits real real hard on the smallest of foil.Today about 3" on this tiny foil piece!could not beleave the depth it picked it up and hard hit,

If I am correct you power off unit.Hold the pinpoint button and turn it on? it will end up with a number that is your software version,right? maybe im doing this wrong,anyone help me out?

keep your stick on the ice and dont eat yellow snow.

Im not sure, but does the detector work ok ?

Not sure-it does not have the depth some guys talk about.Everything works but sometimes the + push pad will not work? I am sending it after christmas for this problem.

It only gets about 5-6"(quarter/penny) depth in soil testing but that seems normal with the 5" coil.I can run it at 95 gain no problem even beside powerlines.

Just wondering why I have version 3 software and not 4.It is suppose to be the newest model put out.

I did a quick hunt yesterday 3 quarters a nickle and a little pewter charm.only 45 minutes.It sure hits our canuck clad well I can say that for a fact.It is got to be one of the best machine's I have had for canuck clad coins.Some of the newest coins just dont pick up on any machine in disc mode-the GBpro really does well on clad for some reason.Im not gonna give up on the GB pro Its so hot on small conductive items,its crazy.

Well, I will tell you this the 95 under a power line is right but the depth on the quarter is way off. Send it in and see what they say. Odd :shrug:

Yeah I want to send it in after the christmas rush.Im in no rush winters not even in full force yet.
I hear the fisher service is great.I have delt with Garrett(awesome) and White's(Booooo!).
So I hope fisher is as good as garret's service.I love white's machine's but my last repair job was botched and took forever, cost me lot's.Shame on you white's.

Oh What I really want straight is the programming,you hold ground grab when powering up right????-I am certain it is 3 but I was told it is 4,it has the newest label Gold Bug Pro but could be a older model,I think it was a dealer demo?

Rockpup --

On a Gold Bug Pro, you check the version of software as follows -- turn on the machine, put it in disc mode, and then turn it off. While off, hold down the ground grab/pinpoint button, and turn it on, then release the button. The screen will say "Gold" then "Bug" and then "X", where X is a number -- the software version number.

And, 5-6" on a quarter is NOT RIGHT. I would send it in. I think you will be pleased with Fisher service. I have dealt with them a few times, and have been MORE than pleased...

Steve

I have a G-2 which is close to the same machine. Try this. Hold your GG button down and then turn on the machine. Your version number should come up on the screen. HH :teknetics::minelab:

Yes I tried it last night on my G2 I got from Bart back in OCT/NOV. Held the GG button down and turned the machine on and waited a bit and the number 4 came up on the screen all by itself. Took several seconds because some other things went on first before that number appeared. I didn't wait long enough the first time I tried it.

Cool thanks answered my questions.I will have no fears sending it in now.Thanks all you guys for the help,Love this machine and if I could get 8" on a coin that be awesome.I really dont care about that I am in it for the nuggets,But if my machien cannot do the coins so deep it may not do nuggets that deep so I want it working 100%-I paid for it why not use the warrenty,thats what it is for.

all that own this machine knows its a keeper.I will never part with this one.Its so fricking fast in recovery time-never had a machine that can find me stuff in the heavest of iron riddled sites,never not even close.Mxt did, meh , sorta ok.but only with the 5" excelarator coil.