Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you carry your tools?

Neita SC

Good post on the "Metal Detecting Forum" how to carry your tools. I added my two cents. What do others do?

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1354097

Kind of a small picture but it has 3 main compartments, the one on the left has my buck knife, the one in the middle is for pull tabs and the like, then in front of the middle compartment is a pocket for coins, the compartment on the right gets used for different things.
DSC02287.jpg

Heres a better picture of it.
policestuff_2101_441856235.jpg

BrewCity, u get that a military surplus store? Packer Fan?

Yes and yes, watching the game with the laptop in front of the tv. I'm not sure about the rules for linking to sites here, but if you search the name Maxpedition you will see that them make all kinds of cool stuff.

I just have one of those cheap nail aprons from Home Depot, I carry a folding lockback knife and my pinpointer in it, I carry my screwdriver in my left hand, and the trowel, if i take it, tucked through the tie string like a little sword...been finding I dont need the trowel much anymore, and not at all for targets 5" and up. Course the soil here is nice sandy loam.
I've got a full set or two of construction bags when I did that trade a lot, but never liked wearing them anyway.

nice digger Neita , i decided that 50 bucks was a bit out of my price range since i blew my whole budget on the F5 . I was looking around Lowes for garden trowels , and decided that Armes / True Temper for about 14 bucks was within my price range , mine is identical to yours . I also carry an 8 inch phillips screwdriver , dont have a pinpointer yet , and i have a single pouch electricians leather bag that i removed a few rivets out of the bottom so trowel will go down to handle . Dont have any pix atm , but you guys get the point . Also have a 78 cent fabric carpenters apron too , but havent used it yet .

Donnie

Basstrackerman, Very nice and compact pouch, with plenty of room. I especially like the two front outside pouches. Where did you find?

Donnie, what u have will work great. I forgot to mention that I also carry a flexible, silicone cutting board that I place on the ground to keep my knees dry and to use as a dirt collector if I have to dig. It makes it easier to funnel all the dirt back into the hole. You can also use a silicone baking sheet, which is even more flexible and can be rolled up. I used a frisbee, but it finally broke apart. Passer-bys also take notice that I am treating the public grounds with respect by making sure that my holes are clean and the ground is left as I found it. Not to say that some of my holes don't get FUBARed at times. I know some guys just use a towel to collect the dirt, but the silicone sheets keep ya dry. And I refuse to wear knee pads, although they can be quite comfy. Being a woman, I have to protect the girl image. :devil: It's surprising enough to people to see a chick metal detecting. So I have to protect against the stereotypical, "Old man at the beach" image. :detecting: My friends already giggle when I say I swing. (now that can be taken the wrong way) . Hope this helps HH

Good idea with the cutting board . Wife and I have several of those , i also have a really good pair of knee pads from when i worked construction . I will that cutting board the next time i go out , dont think she will miss one , or i just might buy a couple new ones , and take an old one .

its a sunray leather pouch from ralph at sunray, see the forum on this site. i took one of the pvc holders off and mounted my garrett pro pointer. i love this setup. i carry a couple spare 9 volt batteries on lower outside pouch. coins go in upper. now all i need is snow to melt

Okay here is mine, I hope my brother don't see this, his puts mine to shame:lol: Ron in WV

I wear a SideKick pouch. Just one big pouch with a mesh bottom. Everything goes in it. Tools and finds (both treasure and trash)
HH
Mike

Hey there Mike. Condor Tactical SideKick? Have photo? Or manufacturer? I checked online and couldn't find what you described.

I mounted my Garret PP holster just below the control box on my main shaft. It is right there where I need it when I set the MD down to dig,,,,,,

i was worried about adding the weight,,, but it is a non issue,,, I love it there

Dont do pics(yet) I just use a belt,lesche hangs on the left,pro pointer on the right,multi knive in the back,carry a nat geo bag(it was free) over my shoulder for trash and large objects,all coins go in my pocket.After reading these posts I may change a few things!!!...hh rick in mi.

WV62..... it looks like you could catch dinner with that tool belt contents. Now I want to see you brother's rig.