Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you carry your tools?

WV62 said:
Okay here is mine, I hope my brother don't see this, his puts mine to shame:lol: Ron in WV
How I could I not see that rig! I'm just not certain if its a metal detecting tool bag or, :yikes: LOL!

(1) An implement of torture tool holder?
(2) A survival kit? (just add some fishing line, a fire starter, and a couple of snack bars!)

It sure has enough stuff for metal detecting.

Okay, when I started my idea was to simplify and to consolidate my main detecting stuff, like my,
Nail apron, (finds bag, both good and bad)
Detecting tools,
Pin-pointer,
and to have holders or sheaths for each one of them. So that led me to a two pocket leather screw/nail pouch with my two digging tools mounted in the large inside pocket and the Pro-pointer mounted to the outside of the large pocket. In this arrangement the small outer pocket is for my good finds while the larger inside pocket will be used for the small trash finds.
Now, one thing to keep in mind is that MOST of my detecting is coin hunting in either,
Lawns,
Parks,
Ball fields,
Or curbs,
That means that I don't want to carry LARGE digging tools like shovels with me. One thing I know is that where we mostly hunt large digging tools would be the demise of metal detecting. Now if you do a lot of relic hunting or beach hunting then you'll probably need a completely different setup than what my brother and I have.

Below is what I have came up with so far, also I have added my new belt (goodwill $1.00) its really a nice leather double hole belt and also I my new Pin-pointer is in the picture.

Enjoy The pictures!

Mark

dring219 said:
nice digger Neita , i decided that 50 bucks was a bit out of my price range since i blew my whole budget on the F5 . I was looking around Lowes for garden trowels , and decided that Armes / True Temper for about 14 bucks was within my price range , mine is identical to yours . I also carry an 8 inch phillips screwdriver , dont have a pinpointer yet , and i have a single pouch electricians leather bag that i removed a few rivets out of the bottom so trowel will go down to handle . Dont have any pix atm , but you guys get the point . Also have a 78 cent fabric carpenters apron too , but havent used it yet .

Donnie
If you want a little better digger you can search amazon for "soil knife's" I've got a Brand New garden buddy that was giving to me by a friend who replaced it with one of those orange handled soil knife's (like the one in my picture). Well, I played with the garden buddy a little, passed it off to my wife and bought me TWO of the soil knife's. They are the same knife as the Treasure Wise, but with a different color handle and a MUCH lower price!, they are also imported by the same company!

Mark