Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you guys set it up for the beach?

Factory beach program with the following edits:

1. Pattern 1 - Cleared the rejected area from the top of the screen, I don't want anything up there rejected. I left the bottom of the screen rejected.
2. Pattern 2 - Cleared ALL rejection from this screen e.g. I want that pattern all metal.
3. Switched to High Trash mode vs low trash.
4. Using conductive 50 tones now, tried the combination tone mode but went back to conductive 50, edited the high tone to 1,200.
5. I set sensitivity into manual and cranked to 26. The Auto sensitivity is smoking crack suggesting a setting from 14 to 19. I tested auto on a couple targets, noticeably poorer signal compared to my manual setting. Left gain at factory default 24.
6. I set volume to maximum

There is a fair amount of ground falsing even with the sensitivity throttled back. I lowered the sensitivity quite a bit, lowered the gain, improves but its still there. No way this machine is as stable as say an Excaliber. Oddly the falsing is about the same higher up the beach near the dry as it is on the wetter mid beach sand. Down near the watter in the sopping wet sand and in the water it seems more stable, go figure. Here's a top for those who know to hunt along the rock jetties...as you approach the rocks the CTX will get unstable just like all the other machines but right next to the rocks, within a few feet of them the machine is rock solid stable. Stunned I picked up the coil and waved it over a rock and nada. Now the suggested sensitivity on the screen was saying 3 to 7 but the machine was very stable. I tested a fishing sinker, it locked on and gave a strong solid signal. I dug a hole and dropped the sinker in and still got a great signal. A wild guess is the machine sees the rocks as ground and ground balanced them out of the signal. A surprise feature. My Explorer would be screaming high tones near those rocks.

This what I did in this post but oddly enough I had very very little falsing almost none and ran the sensitivity on auto and then ran it up to 24-26 and still no issues not sure after reading above. I kept with my buddies excal with no issues

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1713203

mtwolf2270 said:
This what I did in this post but oddly enough I had very very little falsing almost none and ran the sensitivity on auto and then ran it up to 24-26 and still no issues not sure after reading above. I kept with my buddies excal with no issues

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1713203

I went out hoping the CTX would be as quiet and stable as the Excaliber based on the reports of how stable it is but its not even close to the Excaliber on our south Jersey beaches. The dealer brought down another unit and we tested side by side, both machines behaved the same. Could just be the black sand we have down here. The Explorer was even more false prone so I'm not surprised. The CTX is going DEEEEEP I can tell you that.

Curious..... did you try it with the Ground Balance implemented? I hit a couple sites along the gulf that worked better with GB ON, than OFF. HH Randy

Nice post Charles and Good Info....

Thanks

Jim

Volume Gain controls the amplification of a target

you adjust audio gain or tweak it for sound definition... receiver gain... something else....like sensitivity knob on regular unit....audio gain the higher you go makes all weak targets and surface targets sound the same .....
you look for a sweet spot that gives you the best dynamic range weak is hear able and usually deep....bangers are usually shallow or large targets deep like cannon balls and what not...

when you run on the edge to much audio gain can cause you to pick up deep nails and make the machine more erratic.... this with fact that the CTX... with to much rcv gain.... SENSITIVITY....can really turn it into to

a bag of CATS ... which in the right place is not a problem .....cause you are pushing the envelope for Premium target retrieval ....gold coins what not.....you Have to sweep more.... more falsing... verify center target in

all metal.... and re-sweep... the standard bag of tricks....in extreme......I do not know if that makes since to yall but I took a stab at it... in normal freefall looking fo hot spots you would back off and run stable......then

dig in when you got a honey hole ......when you find one gold ring usually there 10 more hidden within 20 foot radius on a good beach and has been know to happen in parks if your paying attention...well thats all... from
major tom.... putting helmet.... on.... commencing countdown..... engines on .....may Gods love.... be with you....

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Digger said:
Curious..... did you try it with the Ground Balance implemented? I hit a couple sites along the gulf that worked better with GB ON, than OFF. HH Randy

I tried the manual ground balance feature and decided I needed to go read the manual again as I had no clue what I was doing and went back to auto ground balance immediatly. :blink:

Ok thanks for the response i guess my problem is when i hit the sens button it gives me a choice of auto or maneul i click on manuel hit the detect button then go to turrn sens up the right button by the menu it can go 1-30 however it says volume gain so if this is not the sens setting how3 do i change my sens thanks in advance for any help hh jim

see if this helps....

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1712690,1712974#msg-1712974