Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you keep from losing targets?

acasto

Short of walking out of the water to check the scoop for targets on the beach, how do you keep those smaller items from sifting thru the holes in your scoop?
I have read on here about the floating contraptions that some have built, but I am already running out of room in my vehicle with the stuff I currently drag to the coast.
2 detectors, 2 scoops, waders, stingray boots......., it all adds up quickly. I have a smaller suv, and space can run out quick when you throw in 2 grown labs, suitcase, wife's overnight stuff, oh yeah, and the wife.

I know sometimes there can be phantom signals from targets that have turned to rust, but I can't help but worry that a small earring or the like my get away from me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tony

Made for the small stuff.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1373255

I use aluminum gutter screen in the bottom of my scoop. Get the small size and it being aluminum you can mold it to the lower corner of your scoop if you want. I just cut a piece for the bottom and let the gutter screen run up the inside of my scoop about an inch. Sand goes out ear rings and backs stays in. Or as EZ suggested get a scoop with smaller mesh. HH :minelab:

Thanks for the help. The gutter screen idea is kinda what I was looking for. Just bought a Nuttall from a fellow member. My only concern about it is losing the smaller stuff.
I will give the gutter screen a try.

Thanks again.

Here's what I made and works great!! I even set my scoop on it while detecting. I don't have to carry it.Yellow mesh pouch is for finds. Line your scoop with a piece of screen.

but I use it as much for holding my scoop as anything cause the scoop catches almost all of the small stuff

Here is the some of the stuff that this scoop will catch!

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1286039,1286112#msg-1286112

Steve :)