Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the 10 turn ground control Stack up against Tesoro's three and three quarter?

Dimesworth

Some people claim that the ten turn ground control is quite superior to the three and three quarter. Does anyone feel that this statement is correct?

I don't know about comparison...
3 3/4 functions well for me.
rmptr

Hay Dimesworth,

I'm not an expert but I think that the difference between a 10 turn and a 3 3/4 turn is
just that. The 10 turn goes slower and can be some what more precisely adjusted.
The difference is more trouble than it's worth in many people's opinion. But, there's
exceptions.

Now, the amount of effect that the adjustment has is a matter of the internal circuitry
of the machine it self.

I've heard that some machines manual ground balance will go so far as to disc out
silver quarters. In a machine with a wide amount of adjustment, a 10 turn would be
of more use, because a broader range will be covered. It would be too quick for a
3 3/4 turn pot.

Hope I'm accurate. That's how I understand it.

HH,

I'm one who prefers a 10 turn ground balance pot. It's more precise and if it happens to get bumped and not noticed the ground balance adjustment doesn't get out of the ballpark. Tabdog is right, some manual balance detectors can be balanced into the negative range far enough to reject quarters, and a few to reject dimes. A friend's RS 3300 will do it, and I have a modified Treasure Baron that can also be balanced to reject dimes. The TB has a one turn pot, just a small amount off and it's way out of balance.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I imagine the only way one could determine an affected difference is to have the ten turn - pot in the same machine as the three three and three quarter, then try them both out on a buried target. Set the sensitivity exactly the same on both machines and the GB at perfect balance with no positive or negative inclination. Then one could see if the ten - pot had a better function.

I was thinking about this today as I was out wading about in the plowed fields trying to find a meteorite. I probably shouldn't wonder so about such things, they're really not that important I would guess. What is important is that this darned frost pushes out of the ground up here in the north country. Then maybe I can start looking for something besides meteorites. I would hate to wear my thinker out musing on thoughts of non - importance. Thanks again for your trouble, guys, and good luck this summer. Dimesworth