Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the CTX 17" coil compare to the 13" Ultimate on the Etrac

rickinsdakota

I bought the Detech Ultimate 13" coil last year for my Etrac and was extremely impressed. Now I have the CTX and I'm looking at the 17" coil. $400 is a big decision. Has anyone had both of these coils and compared depth, weights, sensitivity etc.

It is like comparing apples and oranges, really.

I used the 13" Ultimate as my "daily" coil for the E-Trac. It separated as well as the Pro Coil and got, more or less, the same depth.

I use the 17" Smart Coil on the CTX for areas where trash is low to moderate, especially on sites with a lot of open ground. I would not use the 17" in some places where I would have used the E-Trac w/13" Ultimate like places with moderate to high trash.

Simply put, 17" Smart Coil is a specialty accessory that is great for wide-open and relatively low-trash sites (I mostly use it when I hunt Civil War camp and skirmish sites, which are now open fields).

ironman200081 said:
It is like comparing apples and oranges, really.

I used the 13" Ultimate as my "daily" coil for the E-Trac. It separated as well as the Pro Coil and got, more or less, the same depth.

I use the 17" Smart Coil on the CTX for areas where trash is low to moderate, especially on sites with a lot of open ground. I would not use the 17" in some places where I would have used the E-Trac w/13" Ultimate like places with moderate to high trash.

Simply put, 17" Smart Coil is a specialty accessory that is great for wide-open and relatively low-trash sites (I mostly use it when I hunt Civil War camp and skirmish sites, which are now open fields).

I more or less agree with you on most all of this. I have found in really good soil that my ult 13 will give me a bit more depth.....as any larger coil "should". It just a question of how much depth it will give....and if the price and weight factor is worth the cost.

As you said...if someone get a large coil...cranks up the sens.....in decent rural soil....it should be worth it.