Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the CTX know when to give a low tone.

detectordude

At what point does the CTX know when to give a low tone? Sometimes when I get rather high FE number such as a 26 and high CO number such as 43 the CTX will sound off with a somewhat high tone. The CTX is in the Combined mode.

I may not be asking this right but here it is.

Bill

My first thoughts are to dig it but not knowing how your bins are set up I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

Where do do have your fe line set at?
If your fe line is set lower ,number wise, and your co tone break is set lower than 43 you should get a low tone. You say somewhat of a high tone.Is it the same pitch as the tone that you have assigned to right of your co line?

If your fe line is close to the 26fe line that can cause the signal to blend together causing a less than perfect tone that you have assigned to your bin.

Just thoughts but it would really help to know your settings.

Remember tones first and numbers 2nd when deciding to dig.

foreign object said:
My first thoughts are to dig it but not knowing how your bins are set up I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

Where do do have your fe line set at?
If your fe line is set lower ,number wise, and your co tone break is set lower than 43 you should get a low tone. You say somewhat of a high tone.Is it the same pitch as the tone that you have assigned to right of your co line?

If your fe line is close to the 26fe line that can cause the signal to blend together causing a less than perfect tone that you have assigned to your bin.

Just thoughts but it would really help to know your settings.

Remember tones first and numbers 2nd when deciding to dig.

Thanks for the comment and I know that this is kind of an ambiguous queston. I mostly use the tones to do my detecting with but was curious as to what criteria the CTX uses to determine whether it gives a high tone or a low tone since it is dealing with a FE numbers and also a CO numbers.

My bins are as follows: CO: 1st bin: 1-10, 2nd bin: 11-25, 3rd bin: 26-38, 4th bin: 39-50 FE: 21-35

Bill

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1763170,1763200#msg-1763200

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1763170,1763485#msg-1763485

I'll say because you are in Conductive tones that is the predominate sound qualifier and since your getting a 46 conductive number your getting a somewhat high tone. If you were to switch to Ferrous sounds I wager that you will get a lower sound as the FER becomes the predominant sound qualifier and you said that number was 26.

What I do is pretty much listen for the high tones or the nickel tone that my brain is tuned to and then I look at the conductive number to see where it is and then the cursor to see where that is at and then the ferrous number. If I question it then I hit the button to go to a wide open screen and see if the cursor goes to the bottom or bottom right corner of the open screen then it probably is junk. IF the cursor stays up along the lower blacked out portion of the discrimination original screen or approximately the middle of the screen or higher then it is probably a good target worth investigating further.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
I'll say because you are in Conductive tones that is the predominate sound qualifier and since your getting a 46 conductive number your getting a somewhat high tone. If you were to switch to Ferrous sounds I wager that you will get a lower sound as the FER becomes the predominant sound qualifier and you said that number was 26.

What I do is pretty much listen for the high tones or the nickel tone that my brain is tuned to and then I look at the conductive number to see where it is and then the cursor to see where that is at and then the ferrous number. If I question it then I hit the button to go to a wide open screen and see if the cursor goes to the bottom or bottom right corner of the open screen then it probably is junk. IF the cursor stays up along the lower blacked out portion of the discrimination original screen or approximately the middle of the screen or higher then it is probably a good target worth investigating further.

Thanks for the comment. Actually I am using the COMBINED mode which takes the numbers from a target and translates that into a tone. From those numbers say FE 26 & CO 43 how does it determine whether it sends a low tone or a high tone.

Bill

detectordude said:

Thanks for the comment. Actually I am using the COMBINED mode which takes the numbers from a target and translates that into a tone. From those numbers say FE 26 & CO 43 how does it determine whether it sends a low tone or a high tone.

Bill

It's based ONLY on how you have your bins set up. If it falls below the set threshold, it gives the tone you told it to give. I'm not understanding where your confusion is coming from. Do you own a CTX?

Combined audio allows the user to hear different target signals, based on either ferrous or conductive properties. You set the ferrous line (horizontal line) where you want ferrous targets to provide the audio response. If, for example, you set it at 21, then any target with a ferrous reading of 21 or higher (larger number), you will hear the audio tone that you program for ferrous targets. On the other hand, if the target has a ferrous reading that is less than 21, the target response will be based on it's conductive properties. And in Combined audio, you have four "bins" representing conductive groups. With conductive numbers running from 01 - 50, you simply move the lines to represent different target groups, then assign a tone for each group. For example, you could set bin one with the lines at 01 and 14. Any target with a ferrous value less than 21, and a conductive value of 14 or less would "fall" into this bin and provide the audio tone you associated with it via programming. Bin two, for example, could represent targets between 15 and 28. Bin three could represent targets from 29 - 40. And bin four could be the remainder of conductive targets, with CO values of 41 - 50. So with the numbers used in these examples, if you passed over a target with a FE value of 12 and a CO value of 44, it would provide a conductive tone that you assigned to conductive bin space four. If you passed over a target that read 11/22, it would provide a tone based on conductive bin two. If the target read 24/29, it would give you the tone you programmed for the ferrous value (below the horizontal line). Again, the user can resize and assign tones to each target group (bin). For the folks who enjoyed hunting in Two Tone Ferrous on their E-TRACs, this is like TTF on steroids in that you can adjust the FE line, and break down the CO targets into four separate groups. HH Randy

Jason in Enid said:
detectordude said:

Bill

It's based ONLY on how you have your bins set up. If it falls below the set threshold, it gives the tone you told it to give. I'm not understanding where your confusion is coming from. Do you own a CTX?

Yes I do and thank you for all of your responses. A believe that digger answered my question in the next post.

Bill

Digger said:
Combined audio allows the user to hear different target signals, based on either ferrous or conductive properties. You set the ferrous line (horizontal line) where you want ferrous targets to provide the audio response. If, for example, you set it at 21, then any target with a ferrous reading of 21 or higher (larger number), you will hear the audio tone that you program for ferrous targets. On the other hand, if the target has a ferrous reading that is less than 21, the target response will be based on it's conductive properties. And in Combined audio, you have four "bins" representing conductive groups. With conductive numbers running from 01 - 50, you simply move the lines to represent different target groups, then assign a tone for each group. For example, you could set bin one with the lines at 01 and 14. Any target with a ferrous value less than 21, and a conductive value of 14 or less would "fall" into this bin and provide the audio tone you associated with it via programming. Bin two, for example, could represent targets between 15 and 28. Bin three could represent targets from 29 - 40. And bin four could be the remainder of conductive targets, with CO values of 41 - 50. So with the numbers used in these examples, if you passed over a target with a FE value of 12 and a CO value of 44, it would provide a conductive tone that you assigned to conductive bin space four. If you passed over a target that read 11/22, it would provide a tone based on conductive bin two. If the target read 24/29, it would give you the tone you programmed for the ferrous value (below the horizontal line). Again, the user can resize and assign tones to each target group (bin). For the folks who enjoyed hunting in Two Tone Ferrous on their E-TRACs, this is like TTF on steroids in that you can adjust the FE line, and break down the CO targets into four separate groups. HH Randy

Thank you Digger that statement really helps me understand what is going on.

Bill