Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How gold settles in the water

stateguyt

I have second thoughts that heavier rings settle deeper in the sand then lighter rings
seems to me the last 3-5 years what little I find the gold rings are mostly kids rings
the beaches I hunt have been pounded over the years and I know these spots gave up medium to heavy rings when there was more stuff.
now I believe the heavy 3-7 dwt one didn’t go as deep as the lighter ones 1-2dwt. Because I am not finding any like I said. I feel strongly about this because of what my prior finds have been over the years
i know there still some heavy rings deep but not as many light ones
i am taking about hunting a bay. Not ocean hunting and spots that have been heavily hunted

It is an interesting question. I know that when the waves and storms are throwing up the lead fishing weights I get excited that gold might come up too. I am sure that in places like Daytona and the Treasure Coast there are gold rings that settled to the hardpack or bedrock after years of settling. I think it depends on the beach sand and the conditions as well.

I hunt the Chesapeake Bay, seems every beach here has different habits, due to the fact each is affect differently. Even different area's of the same beach can act different.
Big or small gold rings can be just about any depth. Some I believe lie just where they were dropped and maybe sunk, some have moved with the sand (Big and Small). I've dug coins only to find Big or Small gold rings come up from the deep by accident. I do see patterns at each Beach but only at that beach... and they seem to repeat but not in a timely manner.
For me, There is always something to learn each trip out.