Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How good is the MI-6 pointer?

Digger 45

Thinking about buying a mi6 to go along with my Deus, especially because i'm a little hard of hearing. How does it compare with other pointers? i have had others in the past and they never last very long before they have problems.

Not as deep as the original F-Pulse/Tek-Point, but really nice that the audio comes through the headphones.

Love it. Can adjust volume on phones if hearing a problem. Will hold charge a long time. I charge maybe once a month. Do have to get used to turning it off each time so tones from the coil will pass back through the phones.

My orange Garrett was my main pin-pointer for years, then I got the MI6 to use with my Deus and ORX. Night and day for sure, now the Garrett is my backup.

The MI6 feels a bit more solid and when paired sounds awesome in the headphones. Be sure to get the holder to put on the side of your Deus or ORX too.

I am fairly new to the deus but really like the MI-6 pinpointer. I paired the pinpointer to my deus and the sound comes thru the headphones (not to bother others around with buzzing) and then returns back to the coil when you shut the pinpointer off.
Still learning the Deus :goodnight:

Ghost uk said:
Fantastic probe, ONLY downside is the long off long on button press

Yeah, it helps to read the instructions--Press button for at least 0.5 seconds to turn off. I know I am a guilty party here. I would hold the button down too long. Just press and let up.

There is no comparison. If you take all things considered, there just is no comparison!
There is not another pinpointer made that offers all the features of the MI-6! At least in my humble opinion. I have had over a dozen pinpointers over the years and none beats the MI-6. Just being able to hear the pinpointer through the headphones is a great feature, especially for those like me that are hearing impaired, but for me, the best thing about the MI-6 is how accurate it is off the tip. Yes, it will detect 360° around the shaft, but it is the very best at being able to pinpoint the exact location of the target in the ground. I have had 3 of the orange ones and still have every Z-Lynk piece and still use it on my backup detector, but the orange one does not pinpoint near as accurately as the MI-6.

All nice to hear, i was sure i was going to purchase before this post but this really helps i also have had the orange ones but they never lasted very long, i use the pointer and then a probe a lot with out disturbing the ground.

Thanks to all

I just did a comparison test between the MI-6 and an original Tek-Point on a small piece of gold. Virtually the same depth when both are set at high sensitivity. My understanding is the Tek-Point has since been modified and reduced depth. i never sent my Tek-Point in to get the update.

If i change my sensitivity to 50 on my Mi6 pin pointer on the remote, and then i wanted to use the
WS4's instead would the sensitivity still be at 50

Quake said:
If i change my sensitivity to 50 on my Mi6 pin pointer on the remote, and then i wanted to use the
WS4's instead would the sensitivity still be at 50

I read where you can save setting's on the remote
but wasn't sure if those setting's carried over if i wanted to use the headphones only.

Would those settings be saved is all im asking. As not being have to redo the settings each time ???

Well, this way I can remember what the settings are set at when i turn on the machine. LOL "30" is pretty accurate on the sensitivity so less chance of scratching a good target.