Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How I set up my Teknetics T2 SE (DST)

AndyNM

I member contacted me and he was asking how I set up my T2 SE (DST).

Here is how I set it up:

Here in Germany I have no need to use DST on. I use the 9.1 software that turns DST off.
Next I GB the detector and take a close look at the mineralisation readout (Fe3O4).

If no Fe3O4 bar comes up I select Boost mode in the #of tones menu. Disc 0 if stable. If Disc 0 is not quiet I use disc 1 and that always helped.

If the Fe3O4 readout is 2 bars or more I don't use Boost mode. I use 'of tones 2+ , 3 or 4. Setting dP (Multi Tone) seems to reduce depth in bad soil.

In bad soil (high Fe3O4) do not use high Disc settings or the Boost mode. High Disc setting reduce depth in bad soil. The Boost mode Signal seems to be reflected by the ground mineralisation and can even reduce depth. The better the ground, the more boost mode (or CL mode) ads depth.

In bad soil don't believe the VDI numbers at depth. The tone ID often has a high tone, but the VDI number is low. Trust the Tone ID more in bad soil.
Tone ID and VDI numbers work independent on the T2.

I few days ago I tested the Teknetics T2 vs the Teknetics G2 vs the Markro Racer on coins burried in bad soil.
The T2 did best in matter of depth and target ID by tone. Second was the G2 and third the Racer.

For me the updated T2 is the best single fequency detector ever made. It runs quiet and deep now at high sensitivity settings.

Andy

Thanks for the post very informative!!

Good information Andy. I have a couple questions. How bad is the dirt you run into? I often see 4 or 5 bars on my T2. If you were hunting in dirt like this in 2+ tone, what sensitivity setting would you use. Do you ever use all metal in bad dirt?

I assume a lot of what you suggest about the T2 also applies to F75. Most reviews I have read say Racer is very good performer and takes a lot of its design from the T2

whitewill_1 said:
How bad is the dirt you run into? I often see 4 or 5 bars on my T2. If you were hunting in dirt like this in 2+ tone, what sensitivity setting would you use. Do you ever use all metal in bad dirt?

I have 3 to 5 bars on the Fe3O4 meter.
All Metal Mode is not deeper if you run Disc Mode at 0.
Sensitivity as high as possible if the unit stays stable. Most of the time sens at 99, disc 0 and the unit is silent.

Andy

Bryannagirl said:
I assume a lot of what you suggest about the T2 also applies to F75. Most reviews I have read say Racer is very good performer and takes a lot of its design from the T2

The Makro Racer sounds like a Teknetics when turned on. The racer feels like an early model of the "green" T2 which was very noisy.
The Racer has overload problems at low outside temperatures at sensitivity 70. Many seem to hype the Racer because they got a free unit from the factory.
If you want a more stable and deeper detector just buy a Teknetics G2. Proven performance!

Andy,NM

I watched one video on the T2SE that said the mistake that most people make is that they try right off the bat to set the sensitivity too high. This has the same effect as using high beam headlights while driving in fog. Most of the signal when sensitivity is too high in highly mineralized soil is reflected back and can't penetrate the ground. The T2 will go deep even at sensitivity levels as low as 40. I believe that you can use boost process (boost mode) in highly mineralized soil as long as you keep the sensitivity level low enough that the signal penetrates the ground and isn't bounced back. Try it, you may be pleasantly surprised by the results that you get.