Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is the DeepTech Vista compare

Rick(ND)

To our Sovereigns many of us use. Because of my bad hearing the Sovereign being basically a Turn on a go detector has done very good for me in coin and relic and dont have to mess with different setting to adjust or misadjust so there is more time to actually hunt. The Sovereigns are heavy and looks like Vista is light weight so for us that are older we can enjoy detecting more. I also have one of the Shadow X5 I have been using which also is a non meter detector but no too heavy and like many with a new detector catches a person eye so we need to check it out.
With my Sovereigns I do have a 180 meter which helps in IDing those signals that are close sounding and I too find going slow and easy works the best. I Know the vista only has 2 tones, but from the video I seen the high tone can come though a patch of nails to get the good target mean a person can get a good signal in with iron.
Just need others that have and use the DeepTech Vista opinion some of the good and bad and also how loud is the autio because of my hearing.

Thank for any info Rick

Going on 51 years detecting and learning on history of the past.

To our Sovereigns many of us use. Because of my bad hearing the Sovereign being basically a Turn on a go detector has done very good for me in coin and relic and dont have to mess with different setting to adjust or misadjust so there is more time to actually hunt. The Sovereigns are heavy and looks like Vista is light weight so for us that are older we can enjoy detecting more. I also have one of the Shadow X5 I have been using which also is a non meter detector but no too heavy and like many with a new detector catches a person eye so we need to check it out.
With my Sovereigns I do have a 180 meter which helps in IDing those signals that are close sounding and I too find going slow and easy works the best. I Know the vista only has 2 tones, but from the video I seen the high tone can come though a patch of nails to get the good target mean a person can get a good signal in with iron.
Just need others that have and use the DeepTech Vista opinion some of the good and bad and also how loud is the autio because of my hearing.

Thank for any info Rick

I can only tell you my experience with the Deep Tech Vista X so far, the Vista X i have only had for about a month and a half maybe, I am liking the Vista X a lot, its hitting some targets that my digital detectors missed, i actually have three Beep and Dig detectors and honestly I can not tell you which of the three i like the most so far, I am finding all three to be very capable analog detectors, the Vista X is the heaviest of all three of the Beep and Digs I own, I can not answer your question as to how any of the three I currently own compare to the Sovereigns as I never used a sovereign before, cannot tell you how they compare to a Shadow X5 either, I located a couple of targets in an area that I had been over numerous times with a Legend detector and the Legend missed these two targets, one was a hot wheels at 18 inches deep measured and the other was a scrap non ferrous target at 14 inches deep measured all three of the analogs hit those two Non ferrous targets at the measured depths I stated and called them what they were
(Non Ferrous Targets)

The three analog detectors I have are the Deep Tech Vista X , golden Mask 4 WD and the Golden Mask 7, the two targets i stated above I located with the GM 7, but I also swung over the same two targets with the Vista X and the GM 4 WD, all three had no problem hitting those two targets and calling them Non ferrous, the scrap non ferrous was a piece of aluminum wire hardware cloth and the other was a hot wheels hummer style toy, and no those two targets are nothing to wright home about but what impressed me is the fact that all three of my beep and digs could hit those two targets at the depth they were and still was able to distinguish them from a ferrous target, I also took my Legend out and swung over both targets just to see if I just did not swing over the two targets or the Legend just could not see them and as I suspected the Legend could not see those two non ferrous targets at all, and believe me I tried everything I knew to do to try and get the Legend to hit those two targets the Legend just could not see those two targets at the depths they were in the ground I was on.

the photo below is the aluminum wire scrap hardware cloth I dug at 14 inches deep

Attachments

• Piece of small hardware cloth dug at 14 inches.jpg
    Piece of small hardware cloth dug at 14 inches.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 39
I can’t be without a Deeptech machine in the arsenal. Great machines!
The Vista X is my first dive into a Beep and Dig Detector and the X sure has impressed me, The X impressed me so much I started investigating other brands, and actually made two purchases of two Golden Mask analogs, the Vista X, Golden Mask 4WD and the Golden Mask 7 are so close in performance that I cannot make a decision of which one I like the Most, They are all three very deep detectors and all three run very quite on the ground I detect

the thing I like about the three I currently own and use is you Ground Balance them and off you go detecting, no annoying screens to watch well at least on two of them no annoying screens to watch,
the Golden Mask 7 does have a screen and also target IDs but it is still an analog detector, the GM7 is 80% Analog and 20% digital

The Golden Mask 4WD and the Golden Mask 7 are analog selectable single frequency detectors the 4WD runs 8 and 18 KHz you flip a toggle switch to change from 8 to 18 KHz, the GM 7 runs 4,14,24, and 44 KHz.

These three I own see things that the Digital detectors I own cannot even begin to see, depth wise, let alone unmask Targets like these three beep and digs I own, when these three beep and digs I own call a target Non Ferrous you can bet its non ferrous and the same goes when they are telling you a target is ferrous you can bet it is ferrous, and as I stated earlier in a reply to someone my next purchase is going to be another Analog beep and dig, I am currently looking at purchasing either the Nexus MP v3 or the Nexus MP v2, i just have been unable to decide which one of those two I want yet, I lite the tones of the MP v2 a little more than the tones of the MP v3 but that MP v3 has some features in settings that I like more than the MP v2

the first order I placed with Golden Mask was a bit nerve racking but I will be honest with you, I could not have asked for a transaction to go any smoother than that transaction went from the time I ordered the GM 4 WD it took a total of 7 days once it was shipped from GM to my door, and had it not got hung up in Cincinnati Ohio in customs for four days the delivery would nave been even quicker, the second order I placed again with Golden Mask was for the Golden mask 7 from the time it was shipped to me from Bulgaria I had it in my hands in 5 days, I cannot even get a letter with in Arizona delivered in that time LOL the folks at
Golden mask, do everything they can to provide a great product and a great service in my opinion

Last edited:
I have a Vista X and it's a fantastic detector. It has a fast recovery speed, great depth, and has the ability to unmask, and pull non-ferrous targets out of a carpet of iron. For inland use for me at this time, and I'm yet to have an issue with EMI.
I also use a Minelab Sovereign GT for the beach, with a Ron's 180 Meter. I hipmount it, or really have a shoulder strap, Minelab protective bag with window, one cable from the detector to the shaft that I made to also power the 180 meter, Carbon Fiber Shaft, and the Detectorpro Swingy Thing, so my 15" Ultimate coil, or Thunder, just seems to float.
The big difference is the Sovereign will null, go quiet, and take a little longer to recover from going over an iron target, but I've hit good targets next to iron, and it went from being quiet to giving a fast response on the good one. The Vista X gives you a quick iron tone, if you have the iron volume turned up. If you have the iron volume set to zero, it will just remain silent like the Sovereign. A difference is the Sovereign GT has a working Threshold, to where the Vista X doesn't, but I got used to that, as the Vista X explodes when it goes over something.
The joy is that they are both turn on and go machines, just a few Knobs to check and you're off.
I can tell you that from all the SMF machines I've had, there was no depth advantage, in fact, sort of just the opposite to my surprise. The only advantage I can think of is you can notch in discrimination to cherry pick your targets, or change your tones, or have multi-tone, or make custom programs to hunt different places.
But, in time when you learn your detector, you can do the same just from the audio response. That's where the analog detectors still retain the advantage that was lost when the digital detectors came out, and sacrificed that descriptive audio for just a plain digital beep. To me, that took away a lot of information that a meter, target signature, or a VDI number just can't replace.
There's nothing worse to me than hearing a digital beep, seeing a good VDI number sometimes unstable, a perfect line on the XY screen, or trace, only to have the target to be a perfect Ferrous Oxide halo, or having the machine tell me the target is iron at some depth, when it's a gold ring, or having EMI drive me to another frequency, even using the offset, etc.
The two detectors above I still have, and to me they are keepers. I've bought and sold many others because they didn't meet up to my expectations.
I still have one that isn't old school, because yes, I have to have one to where I can change the frequencies, or any of the settings. I just like doing that, but if it's serious business, and I don't have the time for all of that, I'll grab one of the two mentioned above. It's just less stress to have a machine that you trust, and all you have to do is turn on and go.

Thank for any info Rick

Rick,
You and I go way back on various forums running various iterations of Sovereigns…I still have 3 of them….I also have the original Vista (not the X)….Analog is where it’s at….The tone(s) tell the story…I think that the X is better at unmasking….The Sovereign is better at the beach (multi freq )….NOTHING sounds like a Sovereign…It does take longer to recover…The X is a much faster machine in recovery….I like to know when I’m around iron,so the adjustable volumes are great on the x….There is more to adjust on the Sovereign….There is not much of a range of discrimination on the x….Once you learn both machines, you realize that they will both serve you well….The Sovereign is a heavy detector no matter how you slice the cake….I have all the various mounts and shafts but it’s still a heavy machine….The X is not a bad machine to go to from the Sovereign….I have a bunch of digital machines that have more bells and whistles, but the analog machines actually give you better feedback as to what’s underneath your coil….The volume is fine on the x….My hearing is not the greatest, but I have no problem with the x….Good luck in your quest !!

Suncoast,
Your reply sounds a lot like how I feel, or should I just say that I do agree with what you wrote….The added bells and whistles of digital really can’t compare to the tones that the analog machines give you, no matter how many adjustments they give you…If they could only come out with a light weight Sovereign !