Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How long is turnover time for upgrading to V3i ?

I want to send my unit in for upgrade,,how long would it take to get it back?...Is it best to send to Oregon or to Va :shrug:,,,,thanks,,,,HH,,Tim

That is a question for White's to answer. Your shipping would sure be a lot less is you used Va, but I don't know if they are ready to go yet. Here are some numbers to call.

http://whiteselectronics.com/info/service.html

I'm going to send mine in once all the initial rush is over. (Guess that upgrade requires a good amount of time to do.) If you can get a solid answer on when would be a good time frame, let us know!

We're the Upgrade Center in Florida and we are up and running. - And yes, it does take quite a while to peform the upgrade (about a hour per unit).
The certificate is also available on White's Website with instructions. I believe the factory is quite backed up with repairs and upgrades - however, that was last week. I am not sure where there are at now.

http://whiteselectronics.com/images/stories/v3i_upgrade_certificate.pdf

I shipped my V3 from Dallas on 4/21, it arrived at Whites in Oregon on 4/27. I just received a call to get my card for shipping they said they would ship today and it will be here Wednesday (5/5).

Take out the shipping time Whites had it from 4/27 until today, 5/3. So, assuming they didn't work on it on the 27 and shipping today that means they turned it around in 3 days.

It Took Less Than A Hour before it came back up front---So time to do it depends on how many Units they have ahead of you !

I sent mine back to Central Electronics in VA for the upgrade. Bob, the owner, says he just got the upgrade kit early last week and has about four or five units to be upgraded (week old info). Bob seems to be on top of it and is up and running upgrading units now. Their does seem to be some confusion about what to send in for upgrade. Posting here on this site and Whites have said to send in the control box along with the WHP only, but I got a call from Bob at Central Electronics that said he also needed the Display unit as well.. The confusion may be terminology for these components as well. Seems it is needed to complete part of the audio upgrade. So based on this request, it would appear that the full handle with electronic = Battery box, Display unit and S-Handle (S-handle contains the ribbon cable that connects the two) along with the WHP are needed, also understandably they don't won't us disassembling the unit. I lost time having to send the Display unit as a second shipment. So I have two weeks in it so fare and it looks like it will be another week before I get it back.

No one expects any dis-assembly by the owner. The box referred to is indeed the entire handle unit.
From Carl's post,
Are there any hardware upgrades?
Sort of. V3 pod screws have a bad habit of stripping out, so we redesigned the plastic with metal inserts and machine screws. All V3i upgrades include a replacement pod shell whether needed or not, which includes a new keypad and screen film. If needed, we will also install a new set of headphone pads which are more durable. [attachment 161237 Reading.gif] Rob

I have read so many post on this subject, but I still missed Carl's post on this. Thanks Rob....

Quote 2 days ago from Oregon, This doe not includ transit time to and from.
"We are working on about 4 to 5 day turn around."
Mine is there now

I took mine to my dealer and let him ship it in with another he had, dropped it off on 4/30 ,he called for me to pick it up on 5/11, 12 days if you count the first and last day

I just got my letter from Whites in Sweet Home and they said they received my V on the 5th and they expect to ship it back in 10 to 15 working days. That's all I have for now.
Weedwacker aka DFXDon :hot: