Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many are using the Excallibur II ?

Use the Excalibur, Green and Blue about 80% of the time, the rest is the Fisher AQ. Once I know the beach using the Excalibur I will then determined if the AQ is the next step.

All of my hunting with the Excalibur is in Allmetal, using the push button or toggle to check the target in discriminate. Hunting in the Discriminate mode only, I dislike.

Use the Excalibur, Green and Blue about 80% of the time, the rest is the Fisher AQ. Once I know the beach using the Excalibur I will then determined if the AQ is the next step.

All of my hunting with the Excalibur is in Allmetal, using the push button or toggle to check the target in discriminate. Hunting in the Discriminate mode only, I dislike.

Old Beachnut, your adventures are addicting for sure. If I lived near you, I would probably be in the water in full gear All year long.

I have 2 and use them all summer.

I’ve put my original one through hell and back. No issues so far it’s about 5 years old.

Just picked up a spare over the winter.

It is amazing that a detector that old (20 years?) can still perform so well.
No updates or anything ... just pure performance.
Hunted shallow salt water with the Excalibur and a CZ-20 a lot and never found a target that one or the other was better on.
Two of the classic water detectors for sure.
Its just my opinion but I think the Equinox, The Legend, and the Deus 2, are matching them in performance and beating them in features and ergonomics.
The one thing that some people could just not get used to was the sound the Excalibur made.
It was not a pure tone but rather like 10 cats meowing under a washtub.
Me ... I always liked cats.

I put my Excal II away after I "fixed" it by replacing the battery wire and now not sure if it is waterproof anymore. But gave it up for the CTX 3030 w 17" coil 6 years ago and gave the CTX 3030 up 3 years ago for the Equinox 800 w 15" coil after I drowned the 3030 twice before the warranty expired. Now I've drowned the 800 twice before it's warranty expired and just bought a second 800 because of a free 15" coil after I boke the ears off my first 15" coil (but still use it with a coil ear stiffener). If the Deus II is really waterproof I'll probably buy it next but really don't like everything being Bluetooth and the "coil wire" sucks. We'll see in a year or two how the Deus II plays out.

I put my Excal II away after I "fixed" it by replacing the battery wire and now not sure if it is waterproof anymore. But gave it up for the CTX 3030 w 17" coil 6 years ago and gave the CTX 3030 up 3 years ago for the Equinox 800 w 15" coil after I drowned the 3030 twice before the warranty expired. Now I've drowned the 800 twice before it's warranty expired and just bought a second 800 because of a free 15" coil after I boke the ears off my first 15" coil (but still use it with a coil ear stiffener). If the Deus II is really waterproof I'll probably buy it next but really don't like everything being Bluetooth and the "coil wire" sucks. We'll see in a year or two how the Deus II plays out.
Did you repot the battery cable yourself? or send it into Minelab?
Been trying to contact Minelab for 2 days, they do not answer the phone, return messages, or answer emails.
Gayle

I use the original Excalibur 1000 using the new Excal II 10” coil, great on the beach. I’ve had it 20 years, no issues!
That good news, mine is a closet Queen, I used it maybe 15 times in five years. It’s time to sel it.
Tony NJ