Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many Cortes users here?

woodbutcher

I rarely see a post on these machines, good,bad or anything. I picked one up and use it here and there but it’s almost like cheating,not a true beep n dig..I’m old school when it comes to Tesoro, the sounds,lifting the coil to judge depth,etc..Having a visual ID Tesoro just seems odd to me. Hell of a nice machine to look at, and tons of features but just not a true beep n dig to me..

Attachments

• IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2054.jpeg
    IMG_2054.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
A buddy had one. He said it was different in a good way but not enough to keep it. I considered it, and their other digital one, but there was something I heard about them that I didn't like. I can't remember what.

I had one some yrs back.. Initially I thought it would turn out to be a pretty good detector, was pulling coins from the ground 6-7 deep until one outing with a buddy who was using an original explorer.. As we were hunting, he said to me i got a silver dime right here about 3-4 deep. I scanned with the cortez.. nothing nothing nothing !! This detector didn't see a thing, and sure as shit he dug a merc down about 3 inches. Needless to say that was the final hunt with a cortez and ordered a brand new explorer that next day.

Mark ( ohio )

I like mine, really a good detector,works well. I love my beep and dig detectors, have a lot of them, but I thought Tesoro had to do more to keep up with the other makers. The Cortes was a start. Has good features on it. Not your real beep and dig detector though.

I never got my hands on one. I do have a DeLeon which is similar but not the same

Still have one because back then I had the Compadre, Cibola, Vaquero & Tejon and just wanted to add the Cortes because I was curious about the display & the sum thing.
Kind of hard to read the small display (glasses help). I have pulled some nice finds with it, not a lot because I didn't put a lot of time into it.
Tesoro wise still have the Compadre (can't let it go) and the Silver in addition to the Cortes. Wish I would have kept the other Tesoro detectors - now find Tesoro are no more...