Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How Many Etracers Are Considering An Equinox?

HighPlainsHunter

Anyone thinking about dumping their Etrac (FBS units) for an Equinox?

Think the Equinox will equal, or best, the Etrac (FBS units)?

Are the FBS units (Explorers, Quattro, Safari, Etrac) days coming to an end?

Just curious as to what FBS users thoughts are, if any, plus it's cold and miserable outside...

There is nothing that would make me dump my E-Trac. I will always have one in the lineup.

I like what I have seen of the Equinox and may consider one after all the dust settles and I have seen it prove itself in the field. I'm just not one to jump on every band wagon that rolls along. Too many in the hobby do that and never wind up learning one machine well. There will be Equinoxes out there later this year for a discount thanks to those people.

I've come to know my E-Trac well and it produces every time I go out. I think the FBS machines will always be in their own class as a coin hunting machine and I much prefer the ferrous-conductive TID numbers of the E-Trac. A lot more information provided with them and the Quick Mask screen.

cz70pro said:
There is nothing that would make me dump my E-Trac. I will always have one in the lineup.

I like what I have seen of the Equinox and may consider one after all the dust settles and I have seen it prove itself in the field. I'm just not one to jump on every band wagon that rolls along. Too many in the hobby do that and never wind up learning one machine well. There will be Equinoxes out there later this year for a discount thanks to those people.

I've come to know my E-Trac well and it produces every time I go out. I think the FBS machines will always be in their own class as a coin hunting machine and I much prefer the ferrous-conductive TID numbers of the E-Trac. A lot more information provided with them and the Quick Mask screen.

I couldn’t have said it better. Explorer2 and CTx will always be in my closet. I know FOR SURE I can already find a suitable amount of targets I want with what I have,so no hurry to grab another machine. At some point,after I’ve used the Equinox friends will have,I’ll make a decision on buying one. But to think it’ll be clubbing FBS over the head...I don’t believe so.
The Equinox will really have to prove itself actually FINDING TARGETS...where it counts. I’m sure it’ll be at least a good machine,judging by what Minelab has built in the past.

HighPlainsHunter said:

Just curious as to what FBS users thoughts are, if any, plus it's cold and miserable outside...

When any local Texas hunting friends start finding missed coins in my two pounded parks in McKinney with the Equinox...the Equinox will get my serious attention. I haven't sold a single detector so the Equinox will likely be an additional detector. I've yet to be convinced that the new machine hits depth in ground like the Etrac and Explorers do. Air tests are impressive but those are simple air tests.

The Equinox might be nice for us old men with gimpy, worn bodies. How you doing Otto?

5900_XL-1 said:

When any local Texas hunting friends start finding missed coins in my two pounded parks in McKinney with the Equinox...the Equinox will get my serious attention. I haven't sold a single detector so the Equinox will likely be an additional detector. I've yet to be convinced that the new machine hits depth in ground like the Etrac and Explorers do. Air tests are impressive but those are simple air tests.

The Equinox might be nice for us old men with gimpy, worn bodies. How you doing Otto?

"The Equinox might be nice for us old men [size=large]only if it can outperform FBS[/size] with gimpy, worn bodies."

Still old with a gimpy, worn, body. How 'bout you?

If you read the specs it's easy to see that the Etrac and Ctx both have many more functions, choices, and options than the Equinox therefore I don't consider them comparable. Not saying I wouldn't use or try an Equinox but I would not trade or quit using my Etrac as I see no reason to.

I’ve sold off my at max, and vaquero and my fisher... Etrac and Deus are staying!:clapping:

E trac not going away anytime soon. It would be hard to imagine Minelab making a machine that would outperform the E trac that cost $600 less.

I love my E-Trac even better then my previous CTX but my tendons have taken a beating with these heavy detectors..
Look to see my E-Trac for sale even if the EQ comes up an inch short on depth.
If the Equinox does not ID well at the depth it does have, or can only punch 7 or 8 inches
on a dime then the E-Trac will stay.

Bryan

I ordered and Equinox 800 but as an extra detector and to use for gold when I detect in the west

Also so my grandson has one when he comes to visit. I got rid of my At Pro and my V3i

I one thing that the Equinox has done for so many is. You can now add a CTX 3030 or Etrac to your line up of detectors at a much lower cost. Also find coils for both detectors at almost half the price when they were purchased new. Thanks you Equinox for sure.

Gannon said:
I’ve sold off my at max, and vaquero and my fisher... Etrac and Deus are staying!:clapping:

I hope the Equinox is a winner but ...
I agree ... if you already have these two great machines ... they could be all you'll ever need !

jarid said:
E trac not going away anytime soon. It would be hard to imagine Minelab making a machine that would outperform the E trac that cost $600 less.

It is very early in US testing of the Equinox and I've only watched a few vids in the field, but so far it's a depth-issue that seems lacking. I want to see the Nox hit tones lots stronger on 6" pennies and dime signals. It is still early though, and more vids will come. "Texas-clay" and depth will be my benchmark of personal opinion. I love the recovery speed! Can real depth be kept at that recovery speed though? Can it maintain good depth at Multi tone? After my running a V3i for years and tweaking recovery delay to attain the deep signals,,,the Nox could likely be lacking to real, silver coin depths, and the E-Series Minelabs still rocks!

5900_XL-1 said:

It is very early in US testing of the Equinox and I've only watched a few vids in the field, but so far it's a depth-issue that seems lacking. I want to see the Nox hit tones lots stronger on 6" pennies and dime signals. It is still early though, and more vids will come. "Texas-clay" and depth will be my benchmark of personal opinion. I love the recovery speed! Can real depth be kept at that recovery speed though? Can it maintain good depth at Multi tone? After my running a V3i for years and tweaking recovery delay to attain the deep signals,,,the Nox could likely be lacking to real, silver coin depths, and the E-Series Minelabs still rocks!

+1

Right on Jim! :thumbup:
Jim Robertson said:
I one thing that the Equinox has done for so many is. You can now add a CTX 3030 or Etrac to your line up of detectors at a much lower cost. Also find coils for both detectors at almost half the price when they were purchased new. Thanks you Equinox for sure.

D&P-OR said:
Right on Jim! :thumbup:

And, from a contrarian point of view, if the Equinox doesn't live up to the hype, they may be clambering to get them back...

I have seen nothing at this point that pushes me over to the Nox side , yet.
In addition , since water proof and salt water are not really needed , it will have to show that it trumps my other fast recovery type detectors (XP and F series) before it would be more attractive. $300 coils and a limited number of them as well , won't help tip the scales toward the Nox either.
For me the dog days heat of Summer are just as good a time to consider another detector as the information starved cold days of Winter.

I'm not sure how many folks have been on the forums for a long time, but when the XS first came out it was incredible to see the finds being posted. No other detector even came close. The other forums mainly had posts about finding clad or arguing about settings. There were quite a few people who noticed that and bought a minelab, even more amazing how many were brand loyal to what they had and continued to post pictures of clad and argue about settings.

But...

I bought a F-75 and CTX-3300 in hopes that faster speed and new features would get me more coins. Still swinging the original XS.

If and when I see some of the folks I trust and respect posting respectable finds from heavily detected areas I may consider purchasing one.

Chris(SoCenWI)

Is anybody using the Minelab Harness with the heaver detector and if so how do you like it?? I'm 78 years old and was swinging a V3i for a few years and that dude for me was quite heavy. But I did have a right hip re[placed about 7 years ago and it causes me no problems. I have a 20 inch T handle made out of PBC 3/4 inch diameter to help me get up and it works fine (hell to get old). I am looking at a Safari or E-Trac end of the year and for me I think the Harness would work fine. Will not consider an Equanox till they are a proven detector which could be several years the Safari and E-Trac are proven units. Looking for feedback on them for those that have one or used one. Thanks Bill

I'm gonna try the Equinox but I don't think it will replace my XS. Even the E-Trac found a different home because I think the XS is superior.