Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many would like to see ghost schools :bouncy:

Message sent Pointer80

Wheat pennies/ IHs and Cracker Jake tokens for the most part .Oh yea also a lot of the buttons from the old overalls the kids would wear .That has been find at old schools for the must part.
I did find a 1927 silver class ring one time that belonged to a teacher there. That was up in North Dakota and there were a lot of abandoned towns there.

newuser said:
Wayne, Oakland, Monroe and, Livingston county in Michigan.Private. thanks

message sent

Wise , Montague , and Parker counties in the State of Texas Private email me at BLL19530@aol.com

E Mail sent

Charles B said:
We have many old one room school houses in North Central Pennsylvania still standing. I have a local map that shows where all of them were from about 1850-1950. Sometimes these were used for other meetings as well as school. They are a good place to find marbles and toys but most children didn't have any coins to lose; occasionally I've found one. Old churches on the other hand, especially if they had an outdoor picnic area are generally productive.

Beil's #1 Rule

#Number of People X # of Years Occupied = # of Lost Items

I've had success by following this rule. I particularly look for places of entertainment at ghost towns....picnic grounds, fairgrounds, taverns, church grounds, swimming holes, old ball fields, gambling spots etc.... money was tossed around a little more freely here.

Charles, I realize this is an old post, but I like your math. Thanks for the equation.

I've got my old elementary school on a personal bucket list of places to hunt eventually. It was an old 4-room 8-grade (2 grades per room...easy to do when there's only 6 to 12 students per grade) schoolhouse built in the mid 1800's. Unfortunately I live in Colorado now, and the school building is in Indiana. I was in the last 8th grade class to graduate before they shut it down. It was also used for local meetings, and was a polling station for voting during elections.

I know where there is a GT school.
I've been in it. Saw the chalk board and the ancient desks.
A one room school house.
Kind of a strange feeling being in that GT school.
Sort of like being sent back in time. Way back!
Anyways, the building and grounds have been maintained.
They gutted the building. It is now a private residence.
Time marches on.
If anyone wants to view it, it is located in Pepperell, Mass,
In a GT called North Center, or North Pepperell. :minelab: