Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much have you used the Multi Kruzer?

Coin Rescue Inc

Some may be wondering about the lack of reports from new users of the Multi Kruzer.

In My area of the mid west the temperatures were good in the 50's for a few days in Feb...but since then

Snow and frigid temps.....Much colder than normal. Every night drops into the sub temps.

So My use has been limited. Therefore not much to report.

This weekend I planned an overnight trip to Ohio for the week end - Temp there in the 50's. lol

What's your experience?

I'm in Michigan, but have had 3 opportunities to use it. The ground isn't frozen--my only limitations have been time and weather. In my two hunts with the MMK, I've been very impressed with it. Definitely feels like an upgrade to the Racer platform. I've been running 5kHz and 4 tones and am finding deep coins at a site that me and my two partners have hunted pretty hard. Although I agree with Keith Southern that it feels a bit nose-heavy with the standard coil, I'm going to get the 9.5x5 coil as soon as they're available. I still have some things to learn about it, but so far it's pretty much all positive. Looking forward to a great 2018 with it.

Nice,
I am in Michigan too....ground is not frozen but conditions out there are brutal

We have enjoyed most of the year since the very end of January and only had a few wintry days slip back in. We have had an early jump-start of spring-like weather and it has been enjoyable. I was only able to work the Multi-Kruzer in some typical urban Coin Hunting sites at first due to frozen ground and cold temperatures to deal with as I was getting to know what the Kruzer offered in features and performance that might have been different from the other detectors in my 'Team.'

It has one thing in common with the Racer 2 that I noticed right off, and that is being a bit nose-heavy and not as comfortable, for me and my crappy health, when using the stock 7X11 DD coil. More like the original Racer with the rod-mount closer to the rear. None-the-less, the Multi-Kruzer worked well and gave me confidence in it's performance abilities. I do know that most of the types of places I prefer to hunt, those that are land-based, are older-use locations that have a lot of annoying masking trash, especially iron-based junk.

I also know, from enjoying the Racer 2 and Impact with their 7" Concentric and 5" DD coils, those will be the two main search coils I want to get for a waterproof unit. Like everyone else, I am hoping to add the 5" DD and 7" Concentric for the Kruzer series to my equipment line soon. Those will be my most-used search coils, as they are with the Racer 2 and Impact. I set my Multi-Kruzer up with settings similar to a what I have for the Racer 2 and Impact as I am familiar with the performance those modes and settings provide.

I had used the stock 7X11 DD for my initial evaluation of the stock device, I was eager for better weather to arrive and looking for a site to check out the Kruzer other than typical urban parks and schools, etc., when I chanced across the guys demolishing an older, burned out house. I could see the lot was trashy and most of it overgrown with weeds, but when I got the 'OK' to hunt it, I knew I wanted to use a smaller-size coil. My Impact's 5X9½ DD open-frame coil was handy so I mounted it to the MMK and headed back down there.

My first three US coins, in less than 10 minutes, were a Wheat-Back Cent, a silver Roosevelt Dime and another Wheat-Back Cent. Since that start at the double lot I have visited it many time, and used the Multi-Kruzer along with other detectors I own, using comparable search coils and search modes, in order to get a good feel for this new model. All the cross-checking and use in various sites, urban and rural, have left me with but one word to say .... Impressive.

That word might get worn out in my vocabulary because I have been very impressed with the physical design and circuitry design of every Makro and Nokta product that has come my way. I've even bought a 2nd or 3rd device of three of the models ... and they all continue to provide me very welcome success in a wide-range of hunting environments. My experience with the Multi-Kruzer has been very satisfying.

Monte

Thank for the reply Monte.
As I sit here it is snowing again.
We have about a new inch on the ground.
So I can only think about the last Hunt I did Saturday (34 degrees) and think of future hunts.

On Saturday I continued to hunt one small spot in particular that has given up several Wheaties's in the fall using a new well know model.
Just one each trip I made but encouraging. The soil there is 6 to 7" Clay over parking lot stone. The old parking lot served an old Football Stadium built in the 1930's.
The stadium is long gone and some of the area blacktopped.
Using the Makro Multi Kruzer- Ground Balance is around 80. Much of the parking lot stone in this area can be slag from the old Steel Mills. Laced with Iron.
Seems the old Coins are down in the stone level.

So my Kruzer Story is this....4 tone - 19 kHz gain at 89 - standard tones.

I am swing along same area I hunted multiple times with other machines.... grunt, grunt, grunt, ping, grunt....What was that high tone?

Concentrating on that high tone area there was no immediate TID except for the adjacent Iron, pings....but then a few flashes of 80- 88..with the pings
This item was next to iron on both sides. So this I have to dig and investigate.

Turns out it is a clad quarter 7" down...So as others commented I believe the Makro is able to see through and ignore or cancel Iron masking.

Of course more testing and experience will be required on my part in the months to come.
Also waiting for the new coils to to become available...

That it for today's Fire Side Chat...Think Spring