Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much junk are you willing to dig to find gold ????

I dig all the foils from 45up to the silver range I am well under 1000 tabs per ring and have found 4 gold rings this year and one silver and I am not beach hunting the ring i found this moring gave a perfect tab number on my ORX of a 65 an 18k signet ring

Attachments

• 20220709_100733.jpg
    20220709_100733.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 73
Great topic I watched a guy on YouTube actually use a clicker to count junk until he dug gold it I looked for the video it’s hurried. Me personally I have passed on a lot of pull tab signals. I’ve tuned in the Etrac to reject certain types a few times in really infested pull tan areas but it’s just not what I want to do all day long sig tabs. My last decent gold find was a 1972 HS ring in woods by a tree with the Etrac to honestely freaking lucky. I have done my work using my machines and dug plenty of nickels. All good stuff dig on and HH
Michael

Depends on my attitude and mostly on the temperature coupled with the amount of shade I'm under and how hard the ground is.

On some hunts I use quarters as an indicator. For example, if a virgin site (yes, they still exist!) has been polluted by pulltabs over many generations, digging every one of them will let me cover maybe 50 square feet per hour… not fun. So if I'm limited on time, I tonebreak or discriminate everything up to a quarter range and look for quarter spills. The rationale is pretty simple: if people are drunk or careless enough to drop a bunch of quarters, there's a very good chance they won't notice (or care) losing some jewelry. Once I find a quarter spill, I change settings to hear the gold range and spiral out, digging all non-ferrous signals until I stop finding clad. On virgin sites, that strategy pretty much guarantees jewelry finds within the first hour. Not always gold, of course, as not all demographics wear it to begin with…