Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much usable info...

spdnj

How much info are we actually getting?
I am curious what you actually gain by seeing the three frequencies with the V in analyze. After playing around for a while it seems to me that when you have a vdi number that runs from about 1 to 40ish you get the frequency bars in the order of blue/red/green from highest to lowest, if you get a 40ish to 70ish vdi they go red/blue/green from highest to lowest and if you get a vdi that is 70ish up they go green/red/blue from highest to lowest. I have not figured out the actual cross over points yet. I have yet to see a vdi number or target that causes anything different to happen with the frequency line order no matter what it is made of. It is as if the order of the lines and how far they are spread apart from each other is purely driven by vdi number and nothing else. I was thinking that if a target was made of specific metals that the frequency responses for it might cause that to alter. Am I missing something?

spdnj said:
How much info are we actually getting?
I am curious what you actually gain by seeing the three frequencies with the V in analyze. After playing around for a while it seems to me that when you have a vdi number that runs from about 1 to 40ish you get the frequency bars in the order of blue/red/green from highest to lowest, if you get a 40ish to 70ish vdi they go red/blue/green from highest to lowest and if you get a vdi that is 70ish up they go green/red/blue from highest to lowest. I have not figured out the actual cross over points yet. I have yet to see a vdi number or target that causes anything different to happen with the frequency line order no matter what it is made of. It is as if the order of the lines and how far they are spread apart from each other is purely driven by vdi number and nothing else. I was thinking that if a target was made of specific metals that the frequency responses for it might cause that to alter. Am I missing something?

Carl and/or Bob,

Can you enlighten us with the answer, please. This is the second or third time this question has come up and I believe that there are several of us who would like to understand how the analyze screen develops its graphs.

Thank you,

Wes

Many targets follow that general correlation between frequency and VDI, but some do not. Bottle caps have been mentioned; they may ring in the 80's on a DD coil, but hit strongest at 22.5k. Sometimes certain target signatures can be distinguished by relative amplitudes of the 3 curves. Or sometimes by the curve shapes; large targets cause more spreading. Get a good collection of trash targets and play with this some more.

- Carl

Carl-NC said:
Many targets follow that general correlation between frequency and VDI, but some do not. Bottle caps have been mentioned; they may ring in the 80's on a DD coil, but hit strongest at 22.5k. Sometimes certain target signatures can be distinguished by relative amplitudes of the 3 curves. Or sometimes by the curve shapes; large targets cause more spreading. Get a good collection of trash targets and play with this some more.

- Carl

Here is what Carl is talking about on the bottle cap

Jason

Yup... I just tested it myself. Works every time. Good info.

Thanks, Carl and Jason

- Wes.

I also look at when the colors start to separate to form the individual wave shapes, then toward the right when the three come back together. The lines before and after the wave. Could be smooth, wavy, may have sags below the base line, etc. All has to have some meaning.

I see what you are saying, good info. I plan on spending some more time testing but more importantly hunting with the unit.
The % number has been something I have been really paying attention too, I am trying understand it better. One thing I will say is that to me it looks like depth can affect it, what that number actually represents I would like to understand more.
I will say this machine is VERY customizable, light and easy to use. With the exception of the volume issue which it looks like White's is addressing I do not think there is much more you can ask for in options..... except a built in digger :razz: