Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how slow

So I tried manual sens at 24 today, swinging at a good pace and the e-trac was singing like a canary on crack.

I slowed my swing down and lost about have of the signals I had been hearing. Then I slowed way down and just about all of the signals I had before were gone, and the ones I still had would only hit in one direction of the other.

Then I started to wonder if I might be swinging to slow? I have read hundreds of posts and slow is highly recommended, but how slow. I have also watched many you tube videos, they show a lot of digging but not much actual machine usage.

Anyone have know of some good videos that shows some proper technique detecting, a good basic sweep speed etc..

Thanks
Bill

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/goldenapples78/movies/?action=view&current=MVI_1189.mp4

Yes, that video was done for the fun of it! :lmfao: My buddy videotaped me while I was swinging about as fast as I could, just to prove if I could locate a deeper target while swinging that fast. Well, it's possible, but not recommended. :stars:

You really do have to swing the Minelabs on the slow side, especially in heavy trash. I usually let the amount of trash in the ground dictate my swing speed....higher trash, slower speed.......lower trash, a little quicker speed. To be more exact, a typical swing speed would be around 2-4 seconds for the entire length of your swing(farthest right to farthest left). From your writeup, I think your machine was falsing on the ground you were swinging while in manual 24 sensitivity. If you were using auto sensitivity, you probably would be falsing much less, but you would probably be sacrificing some depth for more stable operation of your machine.

I think the more you use your machine, the better you are going to become at determining the proper swing speed based on your ground/trash conditions.

Good Luck!

CAPTN SE
Dan

This is where a coin garden is essential! I usually use a 2-3 second swing speed. Too slow, even in Auto+3 and I couldn't seem to hit a 6" Merc in clean ground. I do slow down some in heavy trash. All this is in conductive sounds. In Ferrouse 2 tone I go even slower, but have the screen opened up too.

NebTrac