Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How Small will the 8x6 Go :surprised:

Dign-nbama

I'm new to Minelab Etrac,, but not to detecting,, before I decided on trying the Etrac I spent several months reading and looking and trying to figure out if it would suit the kinda hunting I do,, the red clay ground around hear is not user friendly and the single freq machines I use do a pretty good job,, but, I read where some complained that the Etrac was not good with small bling,, and coins and bling is what I shoot for mostly. Well,, today was the first day out with the 8x6 sel and Wow,, was I amazed at it's sensitivity, now bare in mind I have pound this area with my other detectors and today I was looking for shallow good targets but that changed,, this school yard is not that old,, close to 30yrs ,, I have found several rings and just plain bling in the past.. Here are some pics of the size of bling and 22 bullets I found all was in the 4 to 6 in depth which is impressive too me, the little brass piece in the 5 o'clock area of the dime came in at 6 inch I took a measurement of it, None of this is worth anything just junk, but the size and depth is what I'm impressed with, the bling with the fake diamonds rang in at 11-07 just what my wifes ingagement ring does, so when I got a good tone and numbers were constant I dug it up and thought at first I had paid for the E-trac, but just wishful thinking, but hey there will be another day.. but so far this 8x6sel is doing it's thing... The dime is just a reference of the size,, I found a bunch of clad but you've all seen clad, this is just to help those who maybe looking at the E-trac and a 8x6 sel coil, I just got the coiltek 6in treasure seeker in today and plan on trying it out soon...

[attachment 282701 Smallblingresize.jpg]

[attachment 282702 BlingBlingresizeresize.jpg]

Nice Bling just the same! I'm impressed every time I take the Etrac out! I also have the 5" excelerator, but haven't tried it yet, I'm to busy loving the stock coil.

I run the 6x8 more than I do the stock coil. I love it. Also have the 6" Excellerator and 5" Stealth. Both of those are good too.

You will love your ETrac.

Snakeriver said:
What is the deepest object found with the 6x8 sef coil?
In this picture the brass rivet or what ever it is in the 5 oclock position next to the dime was at 6in, I measured it for sure and one of the 22 bullets I feel real sure it was at or close to 6in I didn't actually measure it, just questimate using my Lesche tool ....This was my first day out with the SEL coil and I'm still a newbie at the Etrac, so I don't have a lot of finds yet...:detecting: