Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to thoroughly research for locations???

Hi HH. My first suggestion would be to utilize your PC. Search every 'buzz word' you can think of. If you go to a library you can ask the librarian what kind of info they have there. Talk to 'old timers' in your neighborhood. Contact metal detecting clubs. Meet your local detector dealers and talk to them. Good luck and I hope some of this info helps you. HH. Matt

Google the old county atlas books for your state and county. For instance google ' 1872 Morgan County Nevada Atlas ".....there is a wealth of information in these online atlas books.
You can use the old maps in the atlas and overlay them in Google Earth to help locate potential sites. I have located some nice sites to hunt using these methods.
The atlas will also contain information on all towns and cities in the county with their histories, such as locations of old picnic groves, fairgrounds, stage coach stops etc.
Spend some time searching through these old atlas books and soon you will have located several potential sites to hunt off the beaten path and possibly unhunted.......HH

Roger